We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation to La Romana?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 5
Public transportation to La Romana?

Anyone know details on how to do this?

Bavaro, Dominican...
reviews: 11
11. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

I've normally stayed the night and taken the 2pm bus back but fairly certain there is one at around 4 as well, staying the night is a good option as the hotel prices are pretty good and per room not per person and some great restaraunts around the colonial zone and taxis around the city are very cheap.

Punta Cana...
reviews: 16
12. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

The express bus to La Romana runs about 5 times a day starting around 8:30am and every 3 hours through the day (approximate).

Cheers

PCMike

liverpool
reviews: 18
13. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

cheers mike, any idea what time they run till as we would like to spend a full day there and any idea of the price? also do you have any information on the Santa Domingo bus? any info would be most helpful, thanks a lot

pat

england
reviews: 20
14. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

This site will give you details of the schedule..

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/do/index.php

Just enter Bavaro & La Romana.. With approx times..

Sparky

Edited: 10:03 am, March 27, 2013
england
15. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

PS

Same buses carry on to Santo Domingo..

liverpool
16. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

thanks so much for the link, have looked but can't find the approx prices ? do you know if you have to get there very early in order to get a seat on the bus or do you have to book before hand? any other info would be most helpful

cheers

pat

liverpool
17. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

thanks is there a hotel you would recommend?

pat

Bavaro, Dominican...
18. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

The site doesn't have the express bus to La Romana listed, maybe because its relatively new also the Santo Domingo express times seem to be from before the new highway was completed and an hour ahead of the actual departure times. The 9am Santo Domingo express bus is showing as 10am and so on, one thing always turn up at least 30 minutes before departure time as you have to buy a ticket and there can be quite a queue at times.

england
19. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

You could have a look at this one...

puntacanabavaro.com/travel/punta-cana-public…

Never having used the express I can't comment on the time table..

I always do it the " hard way". GuaGua into Higuey.. Walk round the corner of the Basillica to the Bus depot for La Romana ...Then jump on whatever is there.. Whether it be the express or GuaGua..

This way saves having to go to the Bus Depot in Bavaro...Not the most efficient way of doing it but when I'm in the DR, Getting there quick is not a priority for me.. :-)

I've even been on a GuaGua where there was so much traffic I was able to get off and walk alongside to have a "smoke"..

Unless one of the folks on the "ground", so to speak..Pops in and gets an up to date schedule and price list your best bet would be to pop in to the depot day before you want to travel.. A Moto Concho from your hotel with the guy waiting.. Would take less than an hour & cost about 200 pesos...

Or ask at the hotel reception..

Sparky

Bavaro, Dominican...
20. Re: Public transportation to La Romana?

Patsy, just seen the La Romana express bus times, 8.20/10.50/13.10/15.40/18.10 both from Bavaro to La Romana and the same times back. Hope that helps.