We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

Please be so kind as to offer your Top Tips for landing, arriving, navigating the Punta Cana Airport. Such as: connecting to cab or bus transfers, customs paperwork, tourist card, etc. Would like to get on to my destination as quickly as possible once arriving.

Thanks so much,

trippin

MTL
reviews: 1
51. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

@ nader please start a new thread regarding your resort so this one is not hijacked. The many helpful TA members will be glad to assist you.

@ilovepuntacana, heading into airport left side for tourist card, right side to head to customs.

Safe travels!

Edited: 7:48 am, March 22, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 28
52. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

Thanks!!

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 3
53. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

Are tourist cards required for children as well?

MTL
reviews: 1
54. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

@Mikiloha,

Yes they will need a card.

Safe Travels!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 41
55. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

I don't care about anything until I am comfortable. Make sure you have summer wear under your clothes on the plane, and flip flops in your carry on. As soon as they open your plane doors the heat wall hits you. If you are hot, you are uncomfortable and biotchy. Take care of that before the rest. The airport is so well organized compared to when I first started going.

The tourist card thing is a great thing to get out of the way. Unfortunately the lines for immigration can be long but still organized. Bags are usually fast.

I didn't catch if you were using a transfer bus, taxi or private transfer. If using a transfer bus, someone waits for the bags at the carousel, and the other goes up ahead and gets in line at the tour operator desk to get the info packet and bus number.....don't forget to ask where the bus is parked, because the parking lot is a sea of busses. If your travel partner hasn't arrived yet with the bags, you have time to grab a couple drinks or not.

If taking the same transfer bus and not another method, at each hotel stop (if you want to get to the resort faster then don't take this bus, take a taxi) check your suitcases have not been dropped at the wrong hotel, just a quick peek at The curb, oh yeah sit on the passenger side of the bus..

Most hotels will not have your room ready when you arrive, so plan to pack beachwear, and travel size sunscreen in your carry on, or in outside pocket of your suitcase.

I know I covered more than the airport paperwork, but even after several trips to PC, and other places, I am still learning tips to getting more and more organized and stream lined.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 16
56. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

Keep an eye out as they unload bags at other resorts along the way. On one trip there, a couple on our bus had their bags unloaded at another resort. It took them 2 days to straighten out the mess!

57. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 24, 2014