We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

Please be so kind as to offer your Top Tips for landing, arriving, navigating the Punta Cana Airport. Such as: connecting to cab or bus transfers, customs paperwork, tourist card, etc. Would like to get on to my destination as quickly as possible once arriving.

Thanks so much,

trippin

Wantagh, New York
1. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

There's a post with 100s of tips, do a quick search and you will find it

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
2. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

I'd get the tourist card before you go. You can purchase it online. Sometimes the line to buy it is short, but sometimes it can be quite long. If you have it, veer to the right as you enter the airport, and go to customs.

The luggage usually comes out pretty quickly. After that, just walk down the hall to where the transfers are. It's easy and quick to get a taxi, and that will get you to the resort quicker than anything. With shuttles, you'll have to wait for other people to arrive, and then you'll probably stop at other resorts along the way.

Mark

Bavaro, Dominican...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

As Mark says if the idea is to get to your resort asap then a taxi or private transfer is what you need, if you have a transfer included and you decide not to use it let your tour company rep know or they'll be looking for you, if you decide to use it then use one of the baggage handlers for a couple of dollars tip they'll know where your desk is and find your bus a lot quicker than you will most of the time, personally my advice is relax and go with the flow, your on vacation, if your on a big bus go buy a beer and stand in the sunshine while you wait for the bus to fill up. Hurry hurry hurry is not the Dominican way.

Melbourne
4. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

1. Get the tourist card before you arrive, we landed at 4pm at it was chaos... 4 other flights arrived at the same time and the line to get the card was huge, saved about 30 minutes by having the card already.

2. Have patience

3. Either a taxi or pre-organised transport is fine, expect to be hassled by people wanting to carry your bags and offering taxi services.

4. Relax and enjoy the holiday

MTL
reviews: 1
5. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

Hi Trippin,

As MHeath said get your tourist cards online.

Here is the link.

https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/Order-en

When you enter the airport stay on the right lane as the left lane is for people who need to buy their tourist card (pretty much your whole plane)

Safe Travels

Goshen, Indiana
6. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

When we order the tourist cards on-line, is there a form to fill out for each passenger or how exactly does it work? I just remember having to fill out a form to get it last time I was there (2007 so I realize things may have changed!). So then we just print it off and that's it?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
7. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

It's not a form to fill out. It's just a card / receipt indicating you've paid the fee. There are separate forms for customs, that you'll probably get on the plane.

Mark

canada
reviews: 10
8. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

This is a tip I read on another thread -so not mine.

If your room has a mini bar fridge - and you want to bring some duty free wine - try and get it in the tetra pak (boxed) as it fits in the fridge better.

9. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

@ Third I - Thanks for the response. I'll perform another quick search, however I am not interested in anything other than the airport navigation once I step off the plane.

trippin

10. Re: Share your Top 10 Tips once arriving at Punta Cana Airport.

@ MHEATH1964 - Perfect response. Thanks muchly! I'm not up on the tourist card detail so I need to look up what that is....unless you would like to provide me w/the scoop on that?!

trippin