We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo maya Palace vs barcelo bavaro palace

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wantagh, New York
reviews: 6
Barcelo maya Palace vs barcelo bavaro palace

We have been to the Barcelo Maya Palace in Riviera Maya. Loved it so much plan to go back this summer, except now we are wondering if we should try the Barcelo Bavaro Palace in Punta Cana. i have two teens with me ages 13 and 17. Any thoughts?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
reviews: 88
1. Re: Barcelo maya Palace vs barcelo bavaro palace

I have been to BMP and the adult side of BBP. They have the same look and feel. The beach is much nicer in Punta Cana. One difference is the a la cartes in Mexico you just show up but in Punta Cana you need a reservation. The food was good in both places but I think Mexico is slightly better. The are both huge resorts. Staff in Mexico speak better English than the DR. I prefer the DR resort.

Gatineau, Quebec
reviews: 10
2. Re: Barcelo maya Palace vs barcelo bavaro palace

I have also been to both - I prefer the Barcelo Maya Palace in Mexico - I found the Barcelo Bavaro Palace too big (I think the shopping centre turned me off). I also found the food to be better in Mexico.

Wantagh, New York
3. Re: Barcelo maya Palace vs barcelo bavaro palace

thank you for the advice. We are about to book and I am giving it alot of thought. We loved Mexico, but would like to try another location

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
4. Re: Barcelo maya Palace vs barcelo bavaro palace

Those resorts are my top choices for next year. We just returned from a trip to the Melia and walked down to the Barcelo Bavaro Palace and thought it looked fabulous (we actually snuck around and got some pics), however, we think next year we might want to go back to Mexico. It will likely come down to best flights and price. If you've never been to Punta Cana, I'd definitely recommend you check it out as it's always fun to go somewhere new and it's really beautiful - we love both destinations but do agree that food usually has been somewhat better in Mexico. Let us know what you decide!

Wantagh, New York
5. Re: Barcelo maya Palace vs barcelo bavaro palace

We finally decided to give Mexico another go. I think it boiled down to the fact that there is so much to do there for our family. I will def go to Punta Cana next though.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
reviews: 88
6. Re: Barcelo maya Palace vs barcelo bavaro palace

Have a good vacation but do try Punta Cana. It has become my favourite of the 2 destinations.

7. Re: Barcelo maya Palace vs barcelo bavaro palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 18, 2014