We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 5
Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Which resort is better? Can anyone provide a comparative analysis?

Winnipeg, Canada
1. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Anyone?

Winnipeg, Canada
2. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Bump

edmonton
reviews: 2
3. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

I just got back from the Majestic Colonial so can likely answer any specific questions about that resort, but have never been to the Grand Palladium. Sorry.

Columbus, Ohio
4. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

I am looking for a fun lively resort. Would you recommend this hotel for pool/beach activities, beach parties, their disco? Thanks!

Deer Lake, Canada
reviews: 16
5. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Majestic Colonial do have allot of activity by the pool and beach like games etc with the entertainment team, the beach party is beautiful and fun the disco didnt impress me and things close down usually by midnight which we dont mind because we are usually tired after all day in the sun, not a party resort by any means not sure on the Pallidum havent been there, We love this place by far our favorite resort

Edited: 6:04 pm, March 12, 2013
edmonton
6. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

I wouldn't call it that lively of a resort. There was more of a party atmosphere at the main pool during the day, but everywhere else was pretty laid back. There was a foam party in the pool one day, which was fun. The beach party was fun as well, but we missed part of it due to a dinner reservation and it had wound down by the time we were done eating (9:30ish).

I found the entertainment staff at Dreams Palm Beach a lot more engaging, and their beach party was better too.

We only went to the disco one night and it was DEAD. The music was more Latin than dance/pop and not really our style.

Whatever the resort is next door (not the other Majestic, but the other resort next door), it sure had a lot of university-aged people on the beach and was likely a lot more of a party atmosphere.

Sackville, N.B.
reviews: 14
7. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

One thing to keep in mind is that the Colonial is a much smaller resort then the Palladiums. We have been at the Majestic Elegance and the Royal Suites at the Palladium and the biggest draw back for us with the Palladium was the size and the need to take the tram to get around the resort.

renfrew ontario
reviews: 1
8. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Have been to both IMO majestic hands down

Palladium a lot bigger did not enjoy buffet

Enjoyed the bands at night more

Rooms nicer at majestic

One thing we did enjoy at palladium were the a la cartes

Again I would prefer a smaller resort no riding golf carts

Winnipeg, Canada
9. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Are reservations required for the a la cartes at Majestic? If so, are they difficult to get? I believe Palladium has a no reservation/buzzer policy for the a la cartes.

edmonton
10. Re: Majestic Colonial or Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Reservations are only needed for the tapinaki tables at the Japanese restaurant (you can eat at the regular tables without reservations) and one other "French" restaurant. We booked the Japanese the day before just fine. The other restaurants did not require reservations and always had seating available without waiting.