We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

Hi everyone. I have been on this forum everyday checking out everything. My husband and I and another couple will be here April 8th-15th. We have the deluxe room. I have seen a lot of mixed reviews about this resort and am taking it all with a grain of salt. LOL. We are coming for the sun and sand. Anything else is secondary. One question I have is about the wi-fi. Is it free in the deluxe rooms and how good is it.? I have read conflicting answers. This is the first time leaving my kids for this long and being this far away we wanted to be able to Skype with them. Thank you in advance for you help.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

Going here in June 5-12 have alot of the same questions we have the junior suite but I know the deluxe rooms are updated so I'm wondering what is better? I hope y'all enjoy your trip. Also hope it's not as bad as all the reviews iv read

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
2. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

Thanks. I hope so too. I was also wondering about the dress code in the a la cart restaurants. Not sure if I need to bring dress shoes for my husband.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

We are going to Riu Bambu the end of June. It's our first time to PC. But, I've been to three AI resorts in Mexico and I've learned there are always negative reviews out there And every time I have loved the resorts. You just have to go in with a positive attitude, remember you are in another country, and dont sweat the small stuff. I do have an email to Riu about dress code so if I get an answer I will post it.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

We are going to Riu Bambu the end of June. It's our first time to PC. But, I've been to three AI resorts in Mexico and I've learned there are always negative reviews out there And every time I have loved the resorts. You just have to go in with a positive attitude, remember you are in another country, and dont sweat the small stuff. I do have an email to Riu about dress code so if I get an answer I will post it.

Edited: 7:31 pm, March 09, 2013
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

Oops :P

I don't know how to erase that second post. But I'm going to take my advice and not sweat the small stuff. :)

Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

My daughter and her friends stayed at the RIU Bambu last year for her 30th birthday and they all loved it. So much so that she said I need to go because its such an awesome place. My hubby and I are going next month but we are staying at RIU Bavaro. She had a walk thru last year and since its brand new we thought we would try that one for our first PR trip ever. But again they loved the Bambu!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
53 reviews
7. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

We were in a deluxe room at New Years. To answer your questions, the WIFI was included in our package; it was not always reliable; sometimes not able to connect. Moving your device around the room, you should be able to find an optimum area in your room where the connection works.

Dress code at a a cartes? Specifically shoes are not an issue. Sandals for men and women are accepted. Hope this helps.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

@3canadian bears. What about long pants for males at the ala carte. I have a 12 year and 15 year old boys and nice shorts are just easier and can still look nice with a nice polo.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
53 reviews
9. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

They will be fine, mickeymom. Though I've never been to the DR end of June, I imagine it will be very warm, and long pants would be a waste of packing space :)

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
10. Re: Questions for Riu Bambu. First time this far south.

Thank you to everyone for answering my questions. I really appreciate it. Can't wait. It will be our first vacation without the kids!!!