We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia
reviews: 3
RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

We are a group of 13 that are going to the RIU Palace Macao in April and I've been reading a lot of reviews and the forum, etc. I've noticed that some people are being told that the resort is overbooked when they get there and the hotel pushes them over to one of the other Palaces in the complex. I'm wondering if there are many that have experienced this problem this year and what actions you took. We booked this particular resort because it was adults only so needless to say we want to get what we paid for. Any insights on this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arnprior, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

You have posted this twice.

Nova Scotia
reviews: 3
2. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

Yes I did...by mistake. My computer seemed to lock up when I hit the post button. Would you know how I can delete this duplicate?

Thanks,

Arnprior, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

Yes, I can do that by using the inappropriate content.

Virginia
reviews: 24
4. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

We are booked for this property as well, but in May. I am wondering if they are overbooked because the price they offered was such a great deal that many folks took advantage of the re-opening special as an adults only property?

If anyone has a current email address and/or the contact person for the Macao that would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to get there and start off our vacation getting in a hassle about going to one of their other properties especially when we specifically booked the adult only Macao and none of their other hotels are kid free. Please don't misunderstand we love our grown children and our grandchildren but we are not on vacation with kids on this one!

Seminole, Florida
reviews: 60
5. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

I would appreciate an e-mail address as well. I have tried palacemacao@riu.com, palace.macao@riu.com and customerservices.palacemacao@riu.com-all came back as undeliverable. I even called their 888 toll-free number, but the e-mail address they gave me was one of the above that didn't go through either-very frustrating.

Seminole, Florida
reviews: 60
6. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

I have finally goten a response from an e-mail address. It is: reception.palacemacao@riu.com However, I've sent a querie regarding overbookings after my first response, but have gotten nothing back. Good luck!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 16
7. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

Last year, I was book for Riu Palace Punta Cana, and we were bumped to Riu Palace Bavaro. Which actually turned out to be a blessing as the rooms are way nicer at Bavaro. I'd be mad about getting bumped from the all-adults Macao though. The only acceptable alternative would be Bavaro, but kids are allowed there. Although there weren't very many when I was there.

Burlington, Canada
8. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

We went in the busy season Feb 17-24. We booked a waterview and upon arrival were asked to please go have a look at a suite to see if we wanted to negoiate an upgrade. I really wouldn't worry at all about getting bumped in May.

Edited: 5:23 am, March 11, 2013
Yorktown Heights
reviews: 21
9. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

I was at Macao off season, and I was told that I was 'upgraded' to Riu Palace Bavaro. So coming off season does not guarantee it won't happen.

Burlington, Canada
10. Re: RIU Macao - being overbooked and getting bumped

sig.., Of course there are no guarntee's. I'm not sure if encouraging people to worry about getting a hard time at the front desk for a trip in May because thier is no "guarntee" is that helpfull.

What month did they try to bump you?

How did you resolve the situation? Did you accept the move, or did you refuse and get what you had booked?