We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which nights would you substitute for a la carte?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
reviews: 10
Which nights would you substitute for a la carte?

We will be staying at Grand Bahia Princ. Bavaro.

I understand that the buffet nights are as follow:

Monday - Espanolo

Tuesday - Italian

Wed - Oriental

Thurs - Gala (seafood)

Fri - Dominica

Sat - Mexican

Sun - American

If I am choosing the following a la cartes what nights would you put the a la cartes on?

Maiko Japanese

Le Gourmet

The Garden Grill

Il Capriccio

Thanks

New York City, New...
1. Re: Which nights would you substitute for a la carte?

I wouldn't substitute any of them.Restaurans serve the same food as the Buffet but in different way .Bahia has very nice Buffet and we eat there every day.We are just to tired in the evening after " all day fun in the sun" to sit and wait -when everything is ready and in great variety :0)

canada
reviews: 10
2. Re: Which nights would you substitute for a la carte?

Thats good to know, but if we are going to do the a la cartes we have to fit them in somewhere. Only there for the week.

Sackville, N.B.
reviews: 14
3. Re: Which nights would you substitute for a la carte?

We are the opposite - we like to do the a la cartes as much as possible if only for the fact that it is more like dinning out. But saying that I must admit we were a little disappointed in the Bahia a la cartes since they were partly buffet anyway - the only thing you ordered was your main course.

I would ask myself which type of food I eat more of and enjoy the most - Italian, Mexican etc and those would be the nights I would save for the buffet.

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
4. Re: Which nights would you substitute for a la carte?

I am with sackie dining in the evening is about sitting together and being served and looked after

It is even nice to have an a la carte option for breakfast and lunch as well

Just proves we are all different

Warminster...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Which nights would you substitute for a la carte?

I'm with B-Sun. We were at Ambar last week. Out butler made reservations for us (not at our request) at 3 a la cartes. We canceled them. The buffet food is very good and we didn't want to be tied down to certain times/places. We were on vacation. No schedules!

Right, different strokes for different folks.

Chris

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
6. Re: Which nights would you substitute for a la carte?

That's the beauty of going to a resort which does not require reservations

7. Re: Which nights would you substitute for a la carte?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 08, 2014