We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec, Canada
reviews: 9
Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

Can anyone tell me if there is a reward / privilege card or number that can be used when visiting a Gran Bahia resort.? I don't mean to the very same resort but to another property. For example, if you stayed in punta cana one year at the GBP and then the next year in Jamaica and so on, is it recognized by the chain.

I know the Riu's have a loyalty card that can be used at all of their resorts.

Thanks

MTL
reviews: 1
1. Re: Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

Hi Sherry

The below is from Brooklyn Bubba King John - I take no credit.

Thanks

Bigjim93

VIP Status at each Bahia

For the Bahia Bavaro/Punta Cana/Premier resorts:

- After the first visit to any of the Bahia resorts in Punta Cana - so on their second visit they would receive a special "silver" wristband.

Depending on the availability, they will receive a room in either the current Club Golden section (buildings 1-8) or the Club Diamond/Hacienda section (buildings 25-29)

They will also receive a fruit tray, a bottle of rum and T shirts in their room.

For the Luxury Ambar resort:

- guests at the Ambar who have been a guest more than three times at the Ambar resort only, will receive the VIP "black wristband". - so on their 4th visit to the Ambar, they would receive the "Black wristband.

Repeat guests who have been at any of the other Bahia resorts, anywhere, on any given number of times, are given "special amenities" upon arrival as gratitude for their repeat business, but not the black wristband.

For the Luxury Bahia Esmeralda:

- VIP status for guests of the Esmeralda is substantially different - they will receive the "Black wristband" if they have been a guest at the Esmeralda only, on 5 previous occasions - so on their 6th visit to the Esmeralda, they would receive the VIP 'black wristband".

In all cases, the guest should email Albania Batista no sooner than 7-10 days prior their arrival - provide her your names, booking number, tour operator, date of arrival and dates/locations of the previous Bahia visits. Albania will put a note in the guests file to ensure they do receive the appropriate VIP status - this must be done prior to arrival, not on arrival.

MTL
2. Re: Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

Your question would fall under

"Repeat guests who have been at any of the other Bahia resorts, anywhere, on any given number of times, are given "special amenities" upon arrival as gratitude for their repeat business, but not the black wristband."

Quebec, Canada
3. Re: Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

Thank you for your help Bigjim. So I guess in my case I would contact the GBP in Jamaica by email and inform them that we've been to a Bahia resort previously and where and when we were.

MTL
4. Re: Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

Exactly,

Names of reservation, when you were in punta cana, what GBP section (bavaro, ambar, etc) if you still have booking number.

I could not tell you if they actually go back through there system or not to confirm you did in fact stay there. They must though cause both my 2nd and 3rd visit to GBP in PUJ the lady pulled up my previous reservations.

Nova Scotia
reviews: 3
5. Re: Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

I've stayed at the Royal Golden section twice. The first time was myself and 3 girlfriends for a girls' vacation and the second time we went back with our husbands and a few other couples. We didn't say anything to them about being repeat visitors. When the 4 of us ladies went to our seperate rooms, we each had a bottle of rum, Gran Bahia T-shirts, and the fruit trays in each of our rooms and a note welcoming us back to the GBP. It was a nice touch!

Quebec, Canada
6. Re: Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

Thansk again, I have all of that information stored in my email account, shouldn't be a problem. Thanks so much for the help.

Midland, Canada
reviews: 14
7. Re: Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

The last time I was at a Bahia resort was about 9 years ago. I don't remember the exact dates though and I am now married so my name has changed. Should I even bother notifying?

8. Re: Gran Bahia Repeat Visits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 08, 2014