We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Card Link

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Tourist Card Link

Here is the link for anyone who want to purchase their Tourist Card ahead of time.....

https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/

Manhattan, KS
51. Re: Tourist Card Link

Just purchased mine, thank you!!! We are taking a big shuttle to our resort but atleast now we don't have to wait line and can enjoy those cervesas a previous poster talked of. ;)

Toms River, New...
reviews: 4
52. Re: Tourist Card Link

i access the internet by using google chrome. had to disable GC and access internet directly by using explorer...try that??

william

Adams, MA
reviews: 14
53. Re: Tourist Card Link

So here I am a few hours later on a different computer, tried two browsers, cleared cache and cookies, called the credit card company again since my order for tourist cards still failed to go through. Credit card company again insisted is wasn't them. I asked if they could check to see if my account was on a "hold" for whatever reason.and she said it was not. Very low balance on card, so that could not have been the problem. ANYWAY, to make a long story short, I tried using another credit card and voila.....it went through.

Just as a side note, when I was purchasing the cards, I thought one name was supposed to be attached to one tourist card purchased, but I guess not.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this. Phew, glad it's done!

MTL
reviews: 1
54. Re: Tourist Card Link

Glad everything is resolved neat.

Some banks put a 24 hour hold on the card after so many attempts. Either way all is resolved now.

Have a great trip and remember to stay in the right lane when you get into the airport.

You don't want to have gone through all that trouble to be stuck in the left lane only to wait for everyone else to buy there entry card :)

Safe Travels!

Edited: 8:29 pm, March 06, 2013
wisconsin
reviews: 28
55. Re: Tourist Card Link

Question for 1sailman. when you get off the plane and you already have your tourist card, do you go to a different lane, or do they pull you into a different area? who do you tell you already have your card? so many questions. I don't want to buy one online and then stand in line because I do not know what to do to speed up the process. :)

Thanks

wisconsin
56. Re: Tourist Card Link

I see that we stay in the right lane, is this marked?

wisconsin
57. Re: Tourist Card Link

So I can purcahse 2 cards, two differnt names on one transaction?

Nahville, TN
reviews: 8
58. Re: Tourist Card Link

quist yes it is marked.

Nahville, TN
reviews: 8
59. Re: Tourist Card Link

The cards do not have names on them just a number and yes you can purchase 2 cards with one transaction.

wisconsin
60. Re: Tourist Card Link

One last question 1sailman...when purchasing do you need your passport # or license to purchase them?