We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Card Link

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Tourist Card Link

Here is the link for anyone who want to purchase their Tourist Card ahead of time.....

https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/

San Dimas...
2 posts
1. Re: Tourist Card Link

why do you need this? Im coming from California with my daughter and i read that some airlines provide it? Should I wait?

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Tourist Card Link

No US airline provides this.

San Dimas...
2 posts
3. Re: Tourist Card Link

Thank you

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
83 posts
4. Re: Tourist Card Link

We are planning to do carry on only, would buying the tourist card ahead of time save us that much time? I should note that we are taking a shuttle to the hotel.

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Tourist Card Link

If you are taking a shared shuttle no it will not save time. If private then yes a lot of time.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
6. Re: Tourist Card Link

Hi Snowbound,

Yes buying in advance will save you a lot of time at the airport. When you enter the airport the left line is to buy the tourist card and the right is to go through customs.

Pretty much your whole plane will be in the left line buying the card. So if you buy it in advance you can pass all of them right to customs (which is a breeze) and out the airport.

Safe Travels!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
83 posts
7. Re: Tourist Card Link

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
8. Re: Tourist Card Link

To add,

If you have a transfer to resort included in your package then you will have to wait for everyone else but you will be out of the airport at least and can buy a few beers at the bar.

If your taking taxi or private transfer it is defiantly worth it.

If you do have transfer included but are taking taxi inform the tour rep at the airport that your doing so. If you do not that will delay the bus while they look for you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
128 posts
9. Re: Tourist Card Link

I am taking a shuttle and I rather be drinking beers waitng for everone else instead of waiting on a line....It takes two seconds to get your tourist card online, why would you wait to get to DR and do it?

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Tourist Card Link

I am with you Danny H