We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sackville, N.B.
reviews: 14
Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Just for fun I plugged in some dates for some PC resorts for next winter just to check pricing and wow! Prices are up by alot and some room catagories are alreday marked saying only 3 rooms or 2 rooms left! Seems rather early for some rooms catagories to be almost sold out for next January. Now I only checked some of the resorts that i would be interested in. But WOW!

Sackville, N.B.
21. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

You guys may see specials - we don't see them that much here in CanaAtlantic Canada any more. There is just not enough competition. Alot of the resort are only offered by one tour company so you either take their price or go somewhere else.

Boston...
reviews: 11
22. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Not eben travelocity?

St. John's, Canada
reviews: 9
23. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

The problem in Atlantic Canada is that we don't get a choice of Airlines for flights. In January (when Sackie was looking to book), you may only get Air Canada or maybe Westjet flying out of your location. For us, we also have to connect out of Toronto, these two facts make the air portion of a holiday really expensive. I often find Travelocity or Expedia to be even more expensive and they want us to do crazy connections to get the cheapest deals. That being said, I think this is too early out for pricing for January from my location.

Just my point of view as an Atlantic Canadian.

Barcelona, Spain
reviews: 4
24. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Hola,

Contracts for 2014 are not signed yet with the Tour Operators and generally are signed end of April. Prices you see now for 2014 are the ones for 2013 plus a certain % added.

Un saludo

Mountain Top...
reviews: 5
25. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Pricing has gone up everywhere, in our last couple of trips we got a great deals..this year we trying out Ocho Rios, Jamaica..Jewels Resort. The prices where way better and is worth trying out. We been getting great deals on http://www.airgorilla.com/ but its just like every other site, once you see the deal book it or its gone quick...

Edited: 9:49 am, March 31, 2013
Chester, United...
reviews: 48
26. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Hi

From here in the UK when I checked prices of various resorts for this September/Octoberf they were mainly less than what we paid last year for near enough the same time. Airfares were up but not room rates

Denver, Colorado
27. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

I did the same thing that you did last year and I was shocked, I couldn't believe what I'm seeing. I thought we wouldn't be able to go at all, where we usually go and pay under $4000 was at $5K-6K. Prices slowly started to come down the closer we got. I got our package 7 months in advance when the price went down to what I'm used to paying. I saw that price only on 1 site and grabbed it - almost 2 months ago. Now, after spring break, all "popular" sites have that same price. So don't drive yourself nuts yet - the prices will go down, it happened with every single hotel/package I was looking at. Wait until summer - like you usually do.

Yorktown Heights
reviews: 21
28. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Regina0079

I have been going to DR well before was popular with Americans. While I understand that prices are going up pretty much everywhere the prices you are quoting for DR are not realistic IMO. $5K-6K is plain ridiculous. Except maybe for few some very exclusive resorts in DR none of the resorts are worth these kind of money. I just stayed at Riu Palace Macao last Dec. for just under $2,000 for a week for both of us. Granted IMO this resort is not 5 star IMO but pretty decent.

Denver, Colorado
29. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Sig, you probably don't remember me exactly, but we've had this conversation before. You're from NY, I'm from CO, prices are completely different. The price I'm talking about is for a family, 2 kids, 2 adults. I've traveled to the carribean for 10 yrs now, I've never paid less than $3K and I know what I'm doing when I look for packages, trust me :)...worked with travel agents too. Now that the kids are older, I'm paying full price for the flight and try to choose hotels where kids stay free with 2 paying adults. Last year we went to Mexico, paid $3800 for 10 days and this year $3880 for Dreams La Romana. That price was about $5500 for about 3 months when I started to watch prices. I always watch Mexico and that was about the price for a lot of Mexico hotels too (for example, Iberostar Tucan, Grand Palladium, Barcelo Palace, Rius). Once again, you New Yorkers are lucky you can go pretty much anywhere in the world with a directly flight where as from CO I can't really go anywhere, except Mexico, with a direct flight. Last year they started PC in June and July direct flight with Apple/Frontier charters. For the hotel with the lowest stars it's $4500 for 1 week, 5 start hotel is about $5K - if you don't believe me, you can go check it out, the price stands as that right now :)

Yorktown Heights
reviews: 21
30. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Regina0079

I do believe you, just did not remember like you say. For 4 people seems that the price is pretty decent.