We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sackville, N.B.
reviews: 14
Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Just for fun I plugged in some dates for some PC resorts for next winter just to check pricing and wow! Prices are up by alot and some room catagories are alreday marked saying only 3 rooms or 2 rooms left! Seems rather early for some rooms catagories to be almost sold out for next January. Now I only checked some of the resorts that i would be interested in. But WOW!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 29
1. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Which tour company?

Sackville, N.B.
2. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Air Canada Marg - we use them because they have good conecting flights and fare and there are not alot of direct flights out of this area in January.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 29
3. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

I figured AC and looked. Wow!! Sticker shocked.

Sackville, N.B.
4. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

It is a shocker!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
5. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Try the Build Your Own Package option at Expedia.ca. I got a price (out of Toronto), with Air Canada, for $300 per person less to Secrets in January (just for comparison purposes). That`s compared with Air Canada Vacations.

Mark

Sackville, N.B.
6. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Was plugging in more dates - seems like I start looking for the next trip as soon as I finish the last, and came across something else I find shocking. With the same tour company out of Halifax the ME Club is coming in almost $200. higher then Excellence Punta Cana. I just find that weird. Wonder if it has to do with the time it takes to get to Excellence and the fact that the ME is a very popular resort which is usually running at 100%.

But with it being lass it might be time to give it another look for next winter. And yes I know it's the club section at one and the regular section at the other but EPC is all AO and from what I have read even the basic package ther has alot of the features you have to book the Club to get at ME.

Princeton Jct., NJ
reviews: 18
7. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Prices for ME increased everywhere on their last contract renewal with the tour companies. I'm paying the higher price now for our trip in less than two weeks. It's the highest price I've ever paid at ME, although we did pay more at MC back in '08. I had to hunt for a "sale" price and my travel agent knocked down the price a bit to be competitive with something I found. We're paying $100 a NIGHT higher than the lowest we ever booked. (That was a stupidly low price I found ONCE.) I'm just talking room price here. Air is always a different story.

Sackville, N.B.
8. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Hope they are not pricing themsleves too high. Guess time will tell!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
9. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

Excellence tends to offer very good early booking bonuses. The prices for next winter will rise dramatically as you get closer. I've seen the prices jump $100 per night within a week. From what I've seen, ME is more uniform.

Mark

Toronto,ON
reviews: 4
10. Re: Just checking for next Winter and I am SHOCKED!

We leave in a couple of weeks to Mexico but have already started checking on our trip for December. I was looking at package prices as well as flight and hotel separate and Transat does not gave flight schedules posted past October.

I am wondering if it is a little early to be looking into anything as most don't appear to have their schedules and discounts posted yet.

Edited: 11:36 am, March 27, 2013