We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericton, NB
reviews: 1
Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

I'm traveling with my husband and 6yr old twins to the Now Larimar in Punta Cana in a couple of weeks. I'm meeting my parents and sister and brother-in-law there, so plan on having a great time. Because there will be no other kids there, I was thinking of taking advantage of the Kids Club to keep my kids occupied for some of the time we are there. My husband is a bit unsure about leaving our kids with "strangers" in a foreign country. I'll admit I have some of these feelings too, but want to have a bit of adult time as well as some fun for the kids.

Anyone have opinions on these clubs for younger kids? Are they as "great" as people say? Either way we are looking forward to a fantastic time:)

Wantagh, New York
1. Re: Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

Yes

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
2. Re: Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

LOL, Third I.

Twins4Andrea,

I don't have kids myself, but I have friends who do, and they were also nervous about it. But they did try it at Dreams, which like Now is AM Resorts, and their 6 year old girl loved it. They said it was very professional, and the kids were well looked after. They then tried it at Melia, and were equally impressed.

I don't think you have anything to worry about at Now Larimar. It is very much designed for it.

Mark

Edited: 7:42 pm, February 21, 2013
Fredericton, NB
reviews: 1
3. Re: Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

Thanks for your input...good to know.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 21
4. Re: Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

My kids have loved some kids clubs and others not so much. If you feel uncomfortable just try it for an hour or two. Drop in and check out how they are doing and what, if anything the staff is doing. At six years old, they will let you know whether it was fun or not. I at least encouraged my kids to go between 1 and 3 to get out of the sun for awhile.

Happy travels!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
5. Re: Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

We went to Dreams Palm Beach with our son when he was 7 and he loved the kids club and we found it very safe. As MHEATH said, since NOW is owned by AM Resorts, I expect that their kids club are structured the same. What we really liked at Dreams is that the parents get a pager so they can reach you. We went to a resort in Mexico last year and he didn't like their kids club at all so he spent his time with us (luckily he made friends with kids at the beach). It was certainly very safe - as I presume most resorts would be - he just found it boring. Only you and your kids will know once you get there how you feel about it.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
6. Re: Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

I asked my friend tonight, and he said Dreams for up to 6 or 7 years old, and Melia for 6 or 7 to 12 years old.

Mark

Halifax
7. Re: Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

Agree with above posts. I too was nervous at first (Dreams was our first AI) but was soon put at ease. They will let you tour it and yes they do give you a pager/cell phone while your child is there - NOW should be the same. My son loved it - just follow your instinct and you will be fine.

8. Re: Am I the only one nervous to use a Kids Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 24, 2014