We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Hotel PC

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MI
Excellence Hotel PC

My wife and I have booked the Jr Suite OV room in April...can anyone tell me the difference between this room and the Master Suite or Excellence Suite rooms? Is it worth the upgrade? Better locations?

Is there a contact for the PC Excellence hotel that I could email to rrequst the room of choice?

Also, room location, any suggestions? Top floor, building 6,7 or 10?

thanks!!

Chester, United...
reviews: 56
11. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Difficult to recommend one restauarant over another as we only experienced two on the day

We have it four stars for value as we consider some other resorts we have stayed at to be better value for the money paid - personal assessment based on the rack rate at the time and our experiences

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 4
12. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Hi flipflop man, we have booked the Excellence Club Honeymoon Suite OceanView with Air Canada and are now having second thoughts. The pictures from Air Canada and Excellence show a large area with a lounge and HotTub on the terrace but any picture we have found seem to show a small balcony with half the area taken up by the tub. We love to sit outside on the balcony or terrace and relax. Is this room worth the price and is the balcony that small?

Chester, United...
13. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Hi

The original Honeymoon Suites do have a smaller balcony than they newer ones so this may account for the different photos

I am not certain if they altered the layout of the older ones when they did the renovation work on the other rooms. The newer ones certainly have more than enough space to sit outside on the terrace as as well at the jacuzzi it has a day bed and table and chairs

You may want to contact the resort direct and ask

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 4
14. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Just wondering does this travel provider description fit to any one type Honeymoon suite type rooms you've seen at the resort? (953 sq ft, expansive private terrace (not double balcony), Excellence Club...) I'm having a hard time confirming all of these points for one type. If you have would you have any photos or know which building they would be in?

Excellence Club honeymoon suite ocean view

953 sq. ft.

Separate living room area with working table

Expansive private terrace with comfortable lounge furniture, and spectacular Ocean view of the Caribbean Sea

King bed

Chester, United...
15. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Hi again

On their website they only have one EC Honeymoon Suite listed

excellence-resorts.com/guest-suites/suites-a…

and the room layout should be the same as described in my latest review of the property but minus the stairs as our had a Rooftop Terrace. The review also has a link to a photo album

These suites are located between buildings #14 & #11, #10 & #11 and #8 & #7

However, I would still enquire about the points I raised in Post #13

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 9
16. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

When you go to book a room on their site, there are two: Honeymoon Suite Ocean View, and Excellence Club Honeymoon Suite Ocean View. Perhaps it's an oversight that they don't list the non EC Honeymoon Suite in their descriptions. According to the map, the EC Honeymoon Suites are in blocks 7 and 10. The non EC Honeymoon Suites are in 14, 1 and 3.

Perhaps the ones with the large terrace are EC, and the others are the ones with the smaller balconies.

Mark

Chester, United...
17. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Mark

In that case their website and map are partly incorrect

On the EC side they used to have 2 types of Honeymoon Suite one which was a standard room with a large private terrace on the same level as the room which had a plunge pool and another type which was a more modern room with a separate lounge area.

This as you would expect caused much confusion so they renamed the ones with the large private terrace as EC Terrace Suites and these are in buildings #7 and #10 and site above the double fronted EC Suites

The Honeymoon Suites with the separate lounge area sit under the two Imperial Suites and the new Honeymoon Suites which have the Rooftop Terraces

They have similar suites on the cascade pool side of the resort as well

This is based on first hand knowledge

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 9
18. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Yes, I do think there are some discrepancies on their website. When you book, it's confusing, because there's no corresponding pictures / description for what they're selling as non-EC Honeymoon Suite. I think that between the map, the suite descriptions, and the booking, there are inaccuracies and/or missing info.

Perhaps that's because of all the changes, and they haven't got around to bringing the website up to date.

Mark

Chester, United...
19. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

I have found them a bit lax in keeping their website up to date

I will mention it to them

Punta Cana...
20. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

it is not unusual that the websites of the hotels are not up to date on the day/week/month, they usually do their layouit for the whole season at once, but such is no problem for a booking, because the guest is booking simply a specific room descripcion, loke ocean front, ground floor, 2 room suite etc etc, and that's what at the end is provided, all the rest is room requests of specific rooms</room numbers which are in reality not of any inclusion in a booking at a resort, they are simply specific requests and very often can not be grated, as the best room on site can be given only once per two weeks to a 2 weeks booking honeymoon couple, and such specific(not in the booking included) request will of course less likely be granted for a one weeks stay or the so usual just 4-5 nights quickies.

happy travels

Mike