We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Hotel PC

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MI
Excellence Hotel PC

My wife and I have booked the Jr Suite OV room in April...can anyone tell me the difference between this room and the Master Suite or Excellence Suite rooms? Is it worth the upgrade? Better locations?

Is there a contact for the PC Excellence hotel that I could email to rrequst the room of choice?

Also, room location, any suggestions? Top floor, building 6,7 or 10?

thanks!!

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
1. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Hi

Great choice of resort

Quick question first off - have you booked a Exceellence Club room or Non-Excellence Club room???

Lima, Oh
reviews: 9
2. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

The Master Suites are in bldg 5. There is no ocean view from this bldg. It overlooks the cascade pool and also has mountain views. It is in a quieter section of the resort. If you want a decent ocean view, you will want on the top floor. There is garden areas between the pool and the ocean that can block views from the lower floors.

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
3. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

The Master Suites are only in building 5, by the cascade pool. They are not ocean view. They are bigger, with a separate living area.

Excellence Suites are ocean view, and they are also bigger. They also have balconies facing two ways.

Building 10 would be my preference. It is Club only though. Building 6 is not good for ocean view, as it looks out over the swim-up bar, Lobster House, and the Grill. Part of 7 is the same. 14 is beside the flea market next door. 11 is fine for non-Club. 2 and 3 are non-Club with nice views on the cascade pool side.

Is it worth upgrading? That's a matter of personal choice. I don't. I find the regular rooms quite nice and spacious, and I don't spend that much time in my room anyway.

Here's a link to the rooms: excellence-resorts.com/guest-suites/suites-a…

Mark

MI
4. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

We booked the non-club room....after reading the many posts, it would seem that the upper floor rooms in building 1, 2 or 3 are recommended for the Jr. Suite OV rooms?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
5. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Part of 1 looks out over the Spice restaurant. Part of it would be great. 2 and 3 are great for ocean view, I think even if it's not top floor. Top floor gives you vaulted ceilings, so the A/C might have a tougher time keeping up.

Mark

Chester, United...
6. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Also one of the #3's faces the water sport centre and that is not a great view either

Basically as far as #1, #2 & #3 goes you want one of the buildings that face toward the wedding gazebo

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Hi flipflop man,

I saw your photo album, and noticed that you've been to the reserve at paradises. Would you recommend it? How is the food like at the reserve?

Thank you!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
8. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

The food at Paradisus is pretty good. They do have the new Passion restaurant (extra cost), which is by a 7 Diamond Michelin Chef. I haven't been since that opened, but I hear it's great.

Mark

Chester, United...
9. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

Catarina

I suggest you check out my review of The Reserve

Very nice resort and one which we will go back to for a proper stay another time

10. Re: Excellence Hotel PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:51 pm, February 18, 2013