We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 2
Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Help needed please!

We have been to IBG for the last 3 years and now looking for a change. We are beach people and hubby wants something with a more 'tropical' feel but we definately want:

AO

Beach waiter service

Ocean view (partial will do)

Reasonably modern rooms - must be CLEAN :-)

Shade on beach

Reasonably compact (hubby prefers not to walk for miles....)

Looking at Cat Royal Bavaro with a honeymoon jnr suite. Anyone know where these suits are located? Anywhere near beach?

Other option is RST, but can only get standard room. Again, anyone know where these are located and whether we can get a sea view?

Having travelled to DR for last 11 years, we're realistic about food varying from resort to resort and have no big issues in that direction. We prefer a quieter resort and are normally ready for bed by 11pm!

I know I've been spoiled at the Grand, but have decided to defer to hubby this time (yes it's a first lol!)

All help gratefully received. Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 29
1. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

The upper floors of the Cat Royal honeymoon suites have some ocean view but not a huge amount due to all the palm trees. They are located on the beach side of the Deluxe building #36. The beach is close by. Quiet. The only time it will be a bit noisy is the once a week beach party which is usually done by 11 PM.

This resort has tons of shade on the beach. Plenty of loungers. Drink service. Two bars on beach. One serves cocktails and the other is a natural juice bar where they prepare a refreshing drink for you from just peeled fruits and veg. Keeps you nicely hydrated.

uk
2. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Thanks so much Margadagio.

Do you know if there are any links to resort map?

London UK
reviews: 7
3. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Has all those things, except perhaps many Sea Views. Very nice Hotel - we stayed for 3 weeks in December and would/will return.

There are some sites you can Google with more info - here's one:-

cataloniacaribbean.com/us/…

snooks

Edited: 7:20 am, February 16, 2013
Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Here's a map I made with building numbers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90499684@N07/

Georgina, Canada
reviews: 11
5. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Really good food at Cat Royal and the beach area is ideal with shade or sun. The superior rooms are newer and closer to the beach. The lobby is older and nothing special. Its very affordable as well.

I was told to stay in upper rooms to avoid dampness.

uk
6. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Thanks for the links Marg and Snooky.

Thanks to Craiger for the room info.

Has anyone ever stayed at Royal Suites Turquesa and Cat Royal? Looking for a comparison as hubby likes the look of that one too......

Thanks in advance!

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Just want to make a correction. The Superior Jr suites are the lowest category and the oldest rooms, furthest from the beach. The newest are in the Deluxe Jr Suites/Honeymoon suites or the private pool villa rooms.

Georgina, Canada
8. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Really good food at Cat Royal and the beach area is ideal with shade or sun. The deluxe rooms are newer and closer to the beach. The lobby is older and nothing special. Its very affordable as well.

I was told to stay in upper rooms to avoid dampness.

Boston...
9. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Look into Dreams La Romana.

We have stayed at both.

Also consider Sunscape in Curacao.

A much nicer island to venture around and enjoy.

London UK
reviews: 7
10. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro

I've been to DLR twice but not the prefferred part as it wasn't there the first time anyway.

I have to say the Cat Royal beats it for personal service and has the calm waters too.

Like them both but will probably return to the CR first and the Dreams Resorts are a little overpriced these days.

snooks