We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room upgrade...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Room upgrade...

It is £70 to add a room upgrade to my package before we go. I was wondering if it is worth upgrading just now or wait until we arrive and then upgrade as its cheaper ? Also we are going to Barcelo Bavaro Beach which offers the $500 voucher towards room upgrade - We actually want to upgrade twice so we will be in the Premium Club, as it is our honeymoon we are hoping to get some sort of upgrade for free? Whats peoples opinions on this as we have never been to Dominican Republic before?

Boston...
reviews: 18
1. Re: Room upgrade...

Book the room category you want now before you go. Do not expect a free upgrade or you will be disappointed. Have a good trip.

Fredericton, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Room upgrade...

Hi Gillian,

From your other post I see you are traveling in September which is low season. This would be my advice -

For £70 (relatively cheap) I would recommend you upgrade to oceanfront to guarantee you can get one (over 1/3 of the rooms at BBB are oceanfront - but you don;t want to risk not getting one on your honeymoon).

Of the oceanfront rooms - the best of the rooms are for club premium which is typically quite a bit more to upgrade. For us - it is $70 to get oceanfront and $400 to go to Premium as an example. I don;'t recall last year what the cost to upgrade was at the hotel, but I remember thinking it was a cheaper. I don't think there is a chance of missed availability for upgrading to Club Premium when you are there, and I highly suspect in low season it is cheaper so I would wait to book that.

Couple of other notes - don't expect any free upgrade (and for certain not to club premium) and resort credits really don;t get you anything in the end - prices will be inflated to account for it as everyone gets the credits.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 20
3. Re: Room upgrade...

some resorts want proof of honeymoon and ask to produce marriage certificate, some are 30 days and some are 60 days to be eligible for honeymoon goodies.

Glasgow, United...
4. Re: Room upgrade...

Thanks for the advice everyone :) I will add the oceanfront room onto my package!!!

5. Re: Room upgrade...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 15, 2014