We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from the Melia

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NH
reviews: 11
Just back from the Melia

If you have any questions or concerns...ask away. Will write a trip report soon.

P.s. was a great vacation!

NH
11. Re: Just back from the Melia

Yes building 11 ground floor. Was perfect spot!

12. Re: Just back from the Melia

Thanks, we have a family suite of some sort. So it is free in that room? good to know, how is the reception for the wi-fi?

Dunnville, Canada
reviews: 13
13. Re: Just back from the Melia

Wifi is spotty anywhere on the resort. Good for e-mails, when several guests start downloads of any type the whole system grinds to a halt.

NH
14. Re: Just back from the Melia

It wasn't bad over in the lobby area over by the tour operators and the arcade. Sometimes we had a hard time connecting but once we did the speed was fine. I was able to use email, FB, check flights, etc.

Alberta, Canada
15. Re: Just back from the Melia

Reception and speed was pretty good in the family room - much better than elsewhere on the resort. For a couple days the closest router was broken but they fixed it once we complained. The room we were in was only close to one router. Which is why it was an issue (we were in building 1 facing the road and on the side closest to the agora grill). In most of the other rooms there were other routers that you should also be able to pick up.

N. Atlanta
reviews: 36
16. Re: Just back from the Melia

So to clarify, there is free wifi available for regular guests in the lobbies? I was thinking we were going to have to pay.

Dunnville, Canada
reviews: 13
17. Re: Just back from the Melia

New this year they are providing free WiFi in the lobbies

N. Atlanta
reviews: 36
18. Re: Just back from the Melia

Very cool. I'm ok with it being spotty. I actually like to disconnect while in DR. But the wifi will be nice to post instagram pictures!

cincy
reviews: 1
19. Re: Just back from the Melia

Is the Melia a great resort for families? Travelling this June with hubby and our kids ages 19, 18 and 14.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
20. Re: Just back from the Melia

Yes, the Melia is a good all purpose resort - for all ages.

Mark