We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from the Melia

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NH
reviews: 10
Just back from the Melia

If you have any questions or concerns...ask away. Will write a trip report soon.

P.s. was a great vacation!

Arnprior, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Just back from the Melia

Is it worth getting a family suite or are the normal rooms fine.

N. Atlanta
reviews: 36
2. Re: Just back from the Melia

We are headed to Melia this June. Hows the beach, are there a lot of palapas? What was your favorite drink? Heard such differences on how nice or not nice the rooms are. We aren't terribly picky but how were the beds and bathroom?

3. Re: Just back from the Melia

We are going in July, we are getting the family juior suite, is wi-fi available in the rooms? Does it come with the rooms? How is the kids club?

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
4. Re: Just back from the Melia

Welcome back and glad you had fun. I know from a previous post you were hoping to have side by side rooms. We are also hoping to have two adjoining rooms (my husband and I in one room and our son and my mother-in-law in the other room) - or at least to be in the same building Just wondering if they accommodated this and if so, where you were located - close to beach or the lobby. Any feedback on the rooms and best location would be great. Also would love to know how the food was and any recommendations on restaurants and making reservations. Any other tips - we'll be there in 15 days - getting excited!!

Barrie, Canada
5. Re: Just back from the Melia

The family suite is same size as regular rooms, but has a pull out sofa bed/ bunk bed for the kids. Wifi is extra $$.

Kids club is very good, depending on the age of your kids. It is a Flinstones theme.

New Jersey
reviews: 8
6. Re: Just back from the Melia

are/were you guys comfortable leaving your kids at the Kids Club alone? My son is 5 and we will be there the first week of March and my wife is a little "apprehensive" about leaving our son there for a few hours,

Barrie, Canada
7. Re: Just back from the Melia

He will be fine. The Melia has a great kids club. Just go and visit them before making a decision, put the wife at ease.

NH
reviews: 10
8. Re: Just back from the Melia

Hi All,

I was so concerned about the Melia based on reviews I had been reading. All that worry for nothing. We did get side by side adjoining rooms....1109 and 1104. Was perfect...king bed in one room and 2 doubles in the other. Location was right by the train stop, and the Turey grill. I was on the Tropical side of the property but the Caribe pool was closer to us. Beach was 2 min away. Was the perfect spot for us. I would not want to be closer to the lobby and have to deal with dragging all my stuff to the pool and beach and being so far from my room. Was nice being able to just run back to the room if we forgot something. At night we utilized the train to get to dinner but we also walked the property alot which was a nice stroll.

I saw no need to upgrade to the Royal Service. We were fine with what we had. Wifi is iffy. But I actually liked being disconnected from everything. When I did want to check on things I went to the lobby where the tour operators are near the arcade and used the free wifi. Wasn't always speedy and had some connecting issues but it was fine.

There were plenty of palapas on the beach but you want to get out there early as people put towels out early. It seemed like the Tropical side of the beach filled up later so you can always try down there.

Hope this helps!! Will post a trip report soon.

Alberta, Canada
9. Re: Just back from the Melia

Tigerbird1,

WIFI is included with the family suites. We have left our 2 year old at the kids club twice now for 2 hours. He was really enjoying himself when we got there to pick him up.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
10. Re: Just back from the Melia

That sounds like a great location and perfect for us as my mother in law has mobility issues so we thought it would be better to be close to beach/pool during the day and use the train for dinner at night. Were your rooms on the ground floor and was it in building 11?