We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beautiful, North...
reviews: 25
Punta Cana Beach

I am thinking that punta cana's waters may be a little too "rough" for us and our toddler?? Can anyone give any insight into this? Thanks!

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 20
1. Re: Punta Cana Beach

Resorts on the southern end of PC have calm waters.

The further north you go, the waves get bigger.

Happy travels.

Punta Cana...
2. Re: Punta Cana Beach

punta cana is a very wide area, spread out along many miles of beaches of very different conditions/water conditions, ranging from very rough surfer's paradise to year around supercalm turqois shimmering shallow caribbean island conditions.

dpending what you are looking for you have to do your reserach and choose the area most suitable for your preferences.

Mike

MTL
reviews: 1
3. Re: Punta Cana Beach

You can look into staying at Barceló it is very calm waters year round as it is part of the original Bavaro Beach Bay.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 14
4. Re: Punta Cana Beach

Are you set on going to Punta Cana area? That's the exact reason we decided to go to La Romana/Bayahibe area - from what I understand should be calm year round.

Shaker Heights, Ohio
reviews: 4
5. Re: Punta Cana Beach

What about the Tortuga resort? How is the water there?

Punta Cana...
6. Re: Punta Cana Beach

Tortuga Bay is supercalm all year around, the whitest powder sandy beach you could find throghout the caribbean, and btw located on the only eastcoast beachmiles which are a real Private Beach, no Beach venor etc will cross your path there, a beachwalk by 2AM is the same safe than a walk by the prime time daylight ours

Mike

Shaker Heights, Ohio
reviews: 4
7. Re: Punta Cana Beach

Thanks so much, Mike!

Beautiful, North...
reviews: 25
8. Re: Punta Cana Beach

Mike: you seem to have a wealth of knowledge. As in my original post, I would be looking for calmer waters and traveling with a toddler in tow if you have any specific recommendations. We would not be looking for a "surfer's paradise"

Punta Cana...
9. Re: Punta Cana Beach

Toddler friendly calm waters(we have a Babygirl ourselves and love to play in the water with her) ar at Now Larimar, Paradisus Palma Real, Melia Caribe Tropical, Barcelo Palace deLuxe, Natura Park, Dreams Palm Beach, BeLife Bavaro/Punta Cana, Catalonia Bavaro, Club Med, Tortuga Bay, Punta Cana Resort&Club and Sanctuary Cap Cana.

Mike

Arnprior, Canada
reviews: 2
10. Re: Punta Cana Beach

Dreams Palm Beach