We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time share harrasment at Secrets

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sterling...
reviews: 2
time share harrasment at Secrets

I heard if you want 1/2 off coupons for spa services you have to sit through a painfully long high pressure sales presentation. Any way to get the coupons without this??

Punta Cana...
reviews: 15
21. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

BBG...you are a regular at the resorts thus they know you. Not about to say no to a regular guest.

Newbies fresh off the plane are indeed herded to the "vacation club" lackeys upon arrival. This happened to a couple I had the other day...not a great first impression when they thought they were getting something included in their package (coupons)...only to be told that they must first "enjoy" some quality time in the shark tank.

I have to agree...whatever you wish to call it...TS is TS. I go on vacation to enjoy....not to be made to feel that I am not getting what I expect simply because I am not a "member".

Why...upon an initial arrival to any resort...well before an impression is made as to whether or not a resort is to your liking...would anyone sit through a presentation? Why not have the meeting on the 6th of 7 days of a vacation...after the actual performance of a resort can be accessed? That to me...would make more sense.

Some of the most revisited resorts and highly regarded have NO Timeshare. I guess if you provide service firsthand the repeats come naturally...no need to prepay for years in advance. The names. Iberostar, Palladium, Majestic and Catalonia come to mind...very strong repeat clientele based solely on vacation experience.

BTW...anyone want to buy an RCI membership...my father is looking for a buyer.

Cheers

PCMike

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 19
22. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

LOL, i think this calls for a new thread ;-)

Yorktown Heights
reviews: 21
23. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

vienemo

Everything you say is correct, but if they would do the honest way they would not sell much.

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
24. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

I do think Mike has a point and I think regular or experienced travellers sometimes forget we either may be treated differently or we simply no the ropes

25. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 15, 2014