We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time share harrasment at Secrets

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sterling...
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
time share harrasment at Secrets

I heard if you want 1/2 off coupons for spa services you have to sit through a painfully long high pressure sales presentation. Any way to get the coupons without this??

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

Just say you want the coupons and are not interested in seeing a presentation.

sterling...
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

ok, not sure how well getting the coupons without the presentation will go over, but won't hurt to try.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

We have received coupons at a few different NOW and Secrets and did not have to go to presentation. Just as bbgamer said tell them you are not interested. We always said that we were here to enjoy our vacation and not interested. Never had a problem and have used the coupons.

North Ridgeville...
Level Contributor
483 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

We sat thru a time share presentation In Grand Cayman few years ago... After about 15 minutes, we told the guy we were not interested at all.. He got so mad and said well, u are wasting my time.. Hubby and I started laughing and couldn't stop which I know made it worse, but it was so worth the free tour and dinner received... Good luck and just make it fun!! :)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
52,548 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

I think the 50% off spa coupens may be different to the book of tokens they give out to certain guests as none of those token will give you as much as 50% off anything

Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,445 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

I don't get it, people spend thousands of dollars on vacation and than worry about some stupid coupons. Every resort I stayed had some spa 'special' and basically all of them are worthless.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

We used the coupons for the spa and for bottles of wine we purchased at dinner. I believe it was $40 off a couples massage and $10 off bottles of wine. We normally buy bottles of wine and the massage so they were a benefit to us.

If you don't use the spa, buy a bottle of wine, purchase items from stores on site then you may not find the coupons useful.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
8. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

the theme is simple,

you book a timeshare resort, as AMR for example are(Secrets is part of it) and you want to get the special offers like discounted Spa, free golfing, free room upgrades etc, then of course you have to comply to their clearly announced rules/requirements coming along with such "freebies".

you can book those resorts without beeing hassled for any timeshare dates, but of course then you should not expect to get their extra freebies.

the best way to avoid such inconveniences is of course to book at one of the many resorts which are not a timeshare.

it is all shown in their brochures, so each can choose to book what ever suits best to the personal preferences, we are not forced to one nor to an other.

Mike

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
801 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

sig, don't you know rich people are cheap?...that's how they get rich :))

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: time share harrasment at Secrets

They are coupon books which give discounts on certain paid servic,es. You do not have to have a tour to get them there is a table to the right when you check in. Just say you are not interested in a tour. Toavoid a resort because you have to say that just doesn't make sense. It is like saying don't go to PC because they have porters at the airport. Just say I want my coupons and not interested in a tour. That easy.