We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean blue and sand

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wellingborough
reviews: 7
Ocean blue and sand

I have a few questions about the hotel above

1) can you visit the a la carte restaurants as many times as you want through out your stay?

2) do you need to book the restaurants and if so how far in advance?

3) what is the dress code for the a la carte restaurants?

Thanks in advance

Edison, New Jersey
reviews: 30
31. Re: Ocean blue and sand

Ipelyak - we were in villa 3, which I was disappointed with at first, so much so that we almost switched our rooms, but it turned out to be great. Very much in the middle, which made it easy to go up to the lobby and check in at home with wifi, or grab a coffee from Mike's and hit the restaurants. It was also an easy walk to the pools and beach. We ended up loving the location. If stepping out of your room and being right at the pool is more important to you, then request 5, 8, or 9. I imagine the rooms are similar in other villas - just the view would differ. And maybe they look different with the double beds vs the king bed but I doubt it. Again, not the fanciest, but clean and comfortable.

And yes!!! We went to the disco! It usually opens around 11 - after the stuff in the lobby winds down. Some nights had 'theme nights' and others were generic club stuff. There's a bar right inside the disco too. One night the entertainment staff came in for a while and did some fun dances with everyone. Good times!

New Baltimore...
32. Re: Ocean blue and sand

Jennifer - thanks again for your response. Was your initial disappointment with villa 3 just the location or were there other issues? What was your opinion of the food?

I am very excited to make our first trip to DR but am a little nervous since I suggested OB for our group of 22...just want everyone to be happy and have a good time.

Edison, New Jersey
33. Re: Ocean blue and sand

Oh, I was only disappointed with the location at first because I had it in my head that we should be closer to the beach/pool. But it turned out perfectly. We only had 6 of us, but I did the planning, so I was also feeling very responsible for everything going well!

The food, honestly, was average to good, depending on location. The Italian restaurant wasn't very good to me, but I'm from Jersey and we're pretty spoiled about our Italian food ;)

Mexican and Domincan restaurants were good and the buffets were buffets. But I dare anyone not to find something they like. Huge variety. I lived the paella grill and fajitas on the beach and the beach restaurant too. All good! I heard the wings at the sports bar were pretty good. And mike's coffee shop was fabulous!! A must-do!

New Baltimore...
34. Re: Ocean blue and sand

Jennifer - thanks for all the helpful info. You've put my mind at ease. Looking forward to a fun trip!

Edison, New Jersey
35. Re: Ocean blue and sand

You're welcome! I can't wait to hear about your trip. Enjoy!!!

Illinois
reviews: 18
36. Re: Ocean blue and sand

We are "quiet" people who want to find a peaceful spot in the shade on the beach and read all day. Is that possible here?

My husband has a high stress job and just wants to relax...

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 11
37. Re: Ocean blue and sand

We found the beach to be very quiet and restful, we were on the Privilege area every day, but sometimes strolled over to the main area.

Right around the beach bar it might get "busy", but otherwise a great place to relax with a book, or to take a nap.

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 13
38. Re: Ocean blue and sand

Did they have BBQ fun nights on the beach at all.?

39. Re: Ocean blue and sand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 22, 2014