We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Prairie
reviews: 3
Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

I'm looking for a 10 days family vacation (2 adults, 2 kids aged 15 and 12) to PuntaCana Dominican Republic from Montreal at Grand Palladium Resort.

The best deal I found was a 10 days stay to PuntaCana with West Jet from July18th to28th but we have to transfer in Toronto, within a 45 minuts lap. That is scaring us, since we don't know if we will have time to connect, go through customs, etc.

Looking for a direct flight, I found one with Canjet from August 1st to August 14th but it is through Itravel2000.com which we know nothing about.

So that's my questions, for you experts:

Is Itravel2000.com safe?

Do you know how it works?

Do they include the transfer to the hotel or any tax to get in or out DR?

Last year we went with Sunwing cvacations and flight to Riviera Maya and it went very well, no problems at all.

But this year, Sunwing seems more expensive than WestJet, Canjet and others.

Thanks anyone for any kind of advice!!

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 74
1. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

Call a Travel Agent and tell them the price u getwith itravel and they will match it Much safer.. than the net.. enjoy

Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 17
2. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

Chantal....

Book with ITravel2000 very regularly and have for years - however, never on line - I always call their toll free number and talk to an agent, as I like to have a name to refer to and a contact to call in the event I have to - they follow up well, search for better prices from different carriers - no issues with them whatsoever..

Never an issue with them, plus I can use my Petro Points towards my vacation package and they always meet any competitors price - but then again, they all pretty well do.

Dozens of our friends and family all do the same and have been for years -

"You are in safe hands with Itravel2000" - does that sound familiar !!

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Worcester...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

I usually booked my vacations on my own online thru various travel/vacation sites, but when booking my trip to Punta Cana I contacted a travel agent for the first time (& I think I'm going to continue using a travel agent going forward). Not only was my agent able to get me a slightly lower price then what was published online, but I was able to ask her questions & get help with coordinating my transfers etc (it has been a really good experience so far - I agree with the comment above, it doesn't hurt to contact a travel agent & see what they can do 4 u - they work on commission which is usually paid by the resorts/airlines etc so it doesn't usually cost u anything & because they want to make a sale sometimes they will give u deals/discounts that are better then what's online). Good luck!!!

Midland, Canada
reviews: 13
4. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

I've used itravel2000 in the past and they are good. No problems at all.

MTL
reviews: 1
5. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

I am from Montreal also and have booked a few trips on Itravel with no issues.

However lately I have been using www.exitnow.ca as they always seem to be abit cheaper then Itravel.

Sometimes you will find a deal on TMR Vacations. There website domain is French so type vacances tmr in google.

Edited: 8:49 pm, January 28, 2013
Saulnierville...
6. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

We have booked with them in the past and have found when we contacted their phone #, we actually got a cheaper price than the online info that was already a good deal. I have also used travel agents before and have no complaints thus far either. The fact they've been around a while is likely good news too. So no complaints here. Great website too.

Ontario
7. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

We have used them 3 times and have never had an issue. We do our research on their website but do actual booking over the phone as John mentioned above.

Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 5
8. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

We've used iTravel quite a few times and never (yet) have had a problem. I always have the trip I'm booking on the computer screen and phone them and speak to an agent.

So far so good!!

Canada
reviews: 2
9. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

You can book the same package with Westjet Vacations on line or by phone direct with them, or go to a travel agent and they can book it for you. You may want to ask if the 45 minutes between the flight are change of plane or just a touch down.

Good luck

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
10. Re: Has anyone ever booked a trip to Punta Cana with Itravel2000

We've been using itravel2000 for our trips for the past few years and they've been great - like others, we also call and book with an agent and always get a bit of price reduction.