We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to tip?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
winnipeg
reviews: 19
How much to tip?

We are going to Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro. This will be our first time at an all inclusive, and we are rather green at the whole thing. How much money should we bring for tipping and how much do we give to the housekeeper and bartenders? Also, should we bring our own plastic glasses with us for drinks? I was told by a co worker not to drink from the glasses down there. We usually go to Maui, but the people I work with want me to branch out! Thanks.

Eastern Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: How much to tip?

Regarding the tipping guidelines, you may want to view the 93 replies to this same question just a few posts under yours. It may save some trouble.

The glasses they serve drinks at on the beach are small plastic ones. However the glasses at the dining rooms and bars are just as safe as the glasses you would find in any bar or restaurant at home.

There are a lot of differences between Maui and Punta Cana! If you have a relaxed open mind, and are seeking something different you will have a great time.

Happy Travels

winnipeg
2. Re: How much to tip?

Alot of differences? Yikes!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
3. Re: How much to tip?

That's a bizarre comment by your co-worker. More than 4 million visitors a year drink from the glasses in Punta Cana. Just avoid drinking tap water. Stick to bottled water. The resorts have filtered water for cooking, washing vegetables, glasses, etc.

Mark

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 21
4. Re: How much to tip?

Bring the famous bubba mugs, they come in various sizes to suit everyone.

winnipeg
5. Re: How much to tip?

He saw how they "washed" the glasses there. Just a rinse in a sink of water.

winnipeg
6. Re: How much to tip?

I am really nervous about going to a new place. I hate flying, and I make list after list when ever I go away. I love Vegas,Waikiki and Maui.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
7. Re: How much to tip?

Relax, and go with the flow. It's a layed back place, with a great tropical vibe. It's a different feel from Hawaii, and certainly different than Vegas. Bring a bathing suit, a sun dress, and some sandals, soak up the Caribbean air. There's something about it that is so soothing. You'll sleep like a baby at night.

Enjoy some margaritas, dance under the stars, and learn what it means to be truly relaxed.

Mark

On
reviews: 30
8. Re: How much to tip?

much prefer PC to Waikiki , found Waikiki like Toronto on the beach. love the AI idea, so restful, really found Waikiki to be a very busy vacation. That said I loved it at the time as it was my honeymoon, but would not go back

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 21
9. Re: How much to tip?

#7 from MHEATH

Sums it up brilliantly ........ got it sooo right

Just go and enjoy check-in -chic and get converted to the " tranqillo"

Edited: 6:34 am, January 27, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 3
10. Re: How much to tip?

If your worried about tummy trouble i usually take a priobiotic before coming to put good bacteria in my system.

I have never had a problem. Def bring a bubba mug it will keep your tropical drinks or beer colder longer. Just beware too that too much coconut can give you the bathroom issue you don't want too. Have a great trip