We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

I've been told Sanctuary Cap Cana isn't booking reservations later than April 15th, 2013. Does anyone know what's going on? I love that place!

Leesburg, Virginia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

We just returned from this place and we felt we had vacation of our lifetime. It is such a beautiful property and we loved their service, food, and views.

Omaha, Nebraska
reviews: 3
2. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

Unfortunately I'm no help to your question, but I did notice the Groupon has a "deal" for this resort and your trip has to be completed by April 15th.

Denver, Colorado
3. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

Yeah, I saw that. You also can't book online or via the phone past April 15th either. I don't know whether it's just growing pains from the change in management or if they are shutting the resort down or maintenance or permanently? I know occupancy has been low.

boston
reviews: 1
4. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

I too have been trying to book Sanctuary for either July or August and no one (expedia, travelocity or cheap caribbean) as well as Santuary through their own website is accepting reservations. I'm totally depressed. I too would like to know what's up.

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
5. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

No growing pains from the change in management as the owners know Carlos who is in charge of the new management company very well indeed and he knows the resort very well as he management it for a number of years before leaving a few months after AMResort took over

There is a lot of things that need to be rectified for once and for all so I am sure any closure will just be short term

The place has so much potential and we may alter our plans to go back to PC ;later in the year if we cannot stay at Sanctuary for part of the trip

Edited: 4:22 pm, January 22, 2013
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 20
6. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

Maybe FFM will be on here soon to shed some light on this one folks.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 20
7. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

Ahh .... Was too long with the typing lol :))

Denver, Colorado
8. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

It's been a very frustrating process. I am under contract to have my wedding there in June and none of my guests can book their rooms. Of course, they all want to book plane tickets before they get too expensive but it's nerve racking to do that not knowing if you have a hotel room secured or not. I have been trying for over a month to find out from Sanctuary what's going on with the booking system and when we can expect it to be online. They have completely cut off communication with me. I've tried emailing my wedding POC, the information email address on their website, going through Facebook, and calling. None of my attempts at contact have received a response. The new management company has been horrible to deal with. I was starting to worry that something was going on -i.e, shutting the place down for renovation or something - and they weren't telling me.

Kansas City...
reviews: 4
9. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

Thank you posting. I have been keeping an eye on this resort (one of my favorites too) and keep getting the "sold out" deal. I wonder if a travel agent would know. Do you have a copy of your contract? What are the stipulations if they default on it?

Denver, Colorado
10. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana not accepting reservations past 4/15/13??

Yes, I have a copy of the signed contract. Here's hoping I don't actually need it! We love this resort and are very excited to have the wedding there. It's beautiful, quiet, great food, etc. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. I just wish that they'd tell us SOMETHING......it's a software coding issue that they're trying to resolve, they're still defining their future rate structure to populate the system with, etc, etc........just something to reassure us that our guests will have rooms no matter what so they can book plane tickets. I'd hate to have people end up not being able to come because by the time they can finally book their rooms tickets are twice as expensive.