We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fayetteville...
Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

We (myself, husband and 2 daughters age 14 and 11) went to Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana last summer and had a fabulous time!! We are looking at Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya in Riviera Maya Mexico for 2013. Has anyone been to both and can give me some comparisons? Would like to try something new, but just not sure. Thanks!!!

London
1. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

Don't know about Playa Paraiso however, the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo next door is simply amazing! from the service, to the hotel grounds to the food! they have a lazy river which is a lot of fun, a wave pool, ice cream parlour to name a few of the highlights...only thing I can comment on is how the water is not the calmest in Mexico vs. the Iberostar Bavaro...anyways...just thought I would share that...:)

Good luck deciding!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
2. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

Hi there. We've only been to the Iberostar Bavaro but a friend of mine just came back from the Bavaro and previously was at the Playa Paraiso - she preferred the food at the Playa Paraiso in Mexico but said the beach was nicer in PC. You might also want to consider the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal in Mexico - we stayed next door last year at the Sandos and it looked really nice and the beach there is beautiful and it's only 30 minutes to walk to Playa del Carmen (or a 5 minute cab ride).

Kincardine, Canada
reviews: 10
3. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

I answered you on your other thread and said this:

At the Maya you will get a la carte dinners every night. The food is the same quality at both complexes but there is a bit more choice at Maya. The pool is also bigger at Maya, plus there is a sports pool and a wave pool there. The beach is not as long and the waves tend to be larger at the Paraiso complex. There are no towering palm trees like there are at Bavaro.

Additionally, more areas are airconditioned at the Lindo/Maya, like the lobby bars and the buffet restaurants. This makes a difference if you are traveling in the summer or early fall.

Both are great complexes.

reviews: 7
4. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

My wife and I have been to both and to the Tucan.

We prefer the Bavaro. The Maya has a more up market feel but the Bavaro has a friendlier more laid back vibe.

The Tucan is good, just watch them monkeys !!

The Bavaro has better food and beach. The Maya is newer and has air con buffets and better pool choice.

Both are very good hotels.

Gary.

Long Island,New York
reviews: 60
5. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

The lazy river and wave pool at the Iberostar Maya/ Lindo in Mexico may appeal to your kids, my teens loved it. You can also take a 20 minute free shuttle into Playa Del Carmen to eat/shop. I have stayed at both the Lindo and Tucan in Mexico and really liked both, although I tend to tire of AI food, especially the dinners. I am trying the Iberostar Bavaro for the first time this spring and hoping it compares favorably to Lindo and Tucan. Good luck!

Fayetteville...
6. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

Thanks for your input!!!

Any other opinions, comments would be great!!!

Fayetteville...
7. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

Bump

usa
reviews: 61
8. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

The Barcelo Maya Palace is superior to the Iberostar in all ways imo

pittsburgh
reviews: 6
9. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

That's not what the OP asked.

10. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana vs Iberostar Playa Paraiso Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 20, 2014