We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DUBLIN, CA
reviews: 101
Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

Hi!

Working on a trip for April. Coming in through Melia Vacation Club trade.....these are the choices we have...wondering which best suits our needs?? Melia Caribe Tropical or Melia Paradisus Punta Cana???

Simple but bottom line decisive factors.

1. Comfortable bed.

2. Decent food.

3. Awesome service.

4. Not a lot of kids.

Would like something close to shopping but not mandatory.

Can anyone advise?

I thank you in advance for your help!!! New to the D.R. area....will be posting a few other questions!

Happy New Year everyone!

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 3
1. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

Melia Caribe is across the street from the Palma Real shopping centre. It has all you ask for, subject to personal interpretations of course. Been 4 times and have had no issues.

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
reviews: 7
2. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

If you have a choice between these two Melia properties, the Paradisus is the more-upscale one and would be our first-choice!

The Melia Caribe/Tropical is a huge resort. The Tropical side attracts lots-more families because of their hallmark 'Flintstone's Kids Club'.

Melia's 'Paradisus' brand offers superior room amenities, service, as well as food & beverage quality & variety.

In Punta Cana, we found the Paradisus had the better beachfront location & accomodations.

Plaza Bavaro is just a short walk outside the Paradisus entrance.

Here is a link to a regional map to help you visualize the area:

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

Happy Travels whichever you choose!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
3. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

Melia is a good, all around resort, with something for everybody, and beautiful grounds. And as mentioned, it's huge. There's a tram to take you around. There are fewer kids on the Caribe side during the day, but the restaurants are shared between the two. I would say the service is adequate.

Paradisus is definitely a notch above in terms of quality, service, and luxury, and it also has beautiful grounds.

Both have beautiful pools and beaches.

Mark

DUBLIN, CA
4. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

Wow!

Thanks everyone for the quick and informative replies~

Very helpful!

I was leaning toward the Paradisus, now going to go for it!

Happy New Year!

Terresa

Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

I see two different Paradisus. one next too Caribe called Paradisus Palma Real. The other is Paradisus Punta Cana which is farther north above Bavaro Princess.

which paradisis are we discussing??

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
6. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

Paradisus Punta Cana was the one the original poster asked about.

Mark

DUBLIN, CA
7. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

Yes Mark, you are correct...we cannot trade for the Palma Real for some reason...only through RCI.

So yes, I am going to go with the Paradisus...they have not failed us yet in Playa Del Carmen and Costa Rica.

Thanks again for your help everyone!

Terresa

Chicago, Illinois
8. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

Thanks everyone. so many different hotels, and similiar names I get them all confused. still tryong to pick a hotel for week of Feb 9 for us with 18 month old boy. was leaning towards RIU, but have stayed at RIU's and think we want something different. Seems many of hotels in DR are time shares though. do not really want that.

9. Re: Melia Caribe Tropical vs Melia Paradisus Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 06, 2014