We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip Island???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Day trip Island???

Someone told me about this day trip to an island when they stayed at the flamico we are staying at the Princess does anyone know about this day trip. What is the island called??

1. Re: Day trip Island???

You must mean Soana. Apparently the tour to that Island is amazing.

Northern Alberta
reviews: 1
2. Re: Day trip Island???

I think you're talking about Saona Island ---- Utter Paradise - take the trip it was awesome, can't imagine anyone not enjoying it.

battleford...
3. Re: Day trip Island???

We just got back and we went on a day trip to Catilina Island, it was beautiful. It cost $89.00 american.

Ontario
reviews: 3
4. Re: Day trip Island???

I went on the Isle Saona tour last thursday, it was great. For 80 us, they took us snorkeling for a bit, then you tour on a catamaran while listening to music and drinking beer and rum and coke, once at the island you can swim and relax, they serve a nice bbq beach lunch to. at about 3:00pm we left on the boat and you go to a natural pool in the middle of the ocean and you go swimming , its like a giant sand bar, it was fun to. on the way back we stopped to do some shopping as well. I would go on this trip again in a second.

New York, NY
5. Re: Day trip Island???

Hi,

If this is Saona Island, I did this day trip from Secrets through Prieto tours and regretted it. I'm really not one on these boards to complain much, but this was the only part of my trip that I did not like.

It was a long bus ride, The beach was not well kept, bathrooms awful, no bottled water, cheap beer and rum for there open bar and the boats were crowded. All this for $86 dollars a person! I wished I had stayed at my beautiful resort!

Quebec
reviews: 18
6. Re: Day trip Island???

I did that trip. Saona Island. (from Ocean Cana Beach resort).

It's true, it's long drive but it a fun drive. Comfortable bus and looking out the window was fun (different scenery then the one we are used to see right?). I enjoyed the excursion very much.

I guess it depends if you are with a fun group and if it is a sunny day.

That day is one of my best souvenirs!

Ontario, CAN
7. Re: Day trip Island???

I also did the Saona Island trip when I was there a few weeks ago. We were staying in La Romana, Santana Beach Resort, so it was only a half hour bus trip for us and $72 US.

I can't imagine anyone thinking the beach is unkept, the beach was fantastic and beautiful with all the shells that wash up on shore, and the water is so clear and blue. I'll admit the food wasn't the greatest, but I had an amazing time and would do it again in a second!

Wisconsin
8. Re: Day trip Island???

we're leaving tomorrow for Punta Cana, was wondering if the snorkeling is good off the island and if we should bring our snorkel gear along? how far is bus trip from P.C. from where you stayed? we have fun no matter what!!