We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 2
Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Hi everyone! I've booked our family vacation to Grand Palladium Punta Cana kind of on a whim last night and now having some major buyers remorse. Can you please reassure me that we will have a great vacation? We are travelling with two young kids, ages 3 and 6 and it's a first AI for the little one. We took the older one to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Delux a couple of years ago and we all had a great time, but this time we can't afford it so went for the GP instead. I'm a little worried about rooms, their distance to the beach, their overall condition and size, it being an older section of the resort. Is there a certain block I need to request? Are there elevators in buildings and are there palapas on the beach? All responses will be appreciated.

Penelopa08 (can't find how to log in from my phone)

Newmarket, Canada
21. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Getting so excited! Less than 10 days left!

Seats on the plane pre-booked, tourist cards pre-purchased, e-mail with room request - sent. I think I still have time to buy a new bathing suit? :)

A quick question - when you send an e-mail with accomodations request, do you normally get an e-mail back confirming receipt?

Ottawa
22. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Update on room choice after being there last week, buiding 3000 is better, ask for odd number to face pool, we had 3125, 2nd floor, looking at quite pool and view of ocean, location wise it is top 4 in PC section. Building 2000 is also better then 4000 but steak house obstructs view of ocean a little,

St. Thomas Ontario
reviews: 4
23. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

There is a meet n greet being set up here that will occur when you are at the resort, some other families there during that time with little ones as well

palladiumaddict.net/AddictForum/…

Newmarket, Canada
24. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

We are back! We had a great time! Thank you everybody for sharing all the excellent information, it was all spot on.

Senor-Cerveza - you get a personal thank you for the room location tip, it was everything I could dream of. :)

La Prairie
reviews: 3
25. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Dear Penelopa,

Since you just got back, and by reading all your past reviews from other resorts, I consider you as an expert of Punta Cana.

Can you tell me if Palladium is the best choice for my teens that are 15 and 12, they love sports, meeting new friends and hanging out with them at night.

Do you know if the entertainment crew keeps them busy after dinner? And do they have a teen disco?

We're about to book a Deluxe room in the PC section for the 4 of us, do you think it is big enough for a family of four?

And did you stay in building 3000 like Senor Cerveza suggested? How was your room? I would like to face a nice pool with a bit of the ocean, that would be nice.

I'm afraid of the condition of the rooms since I read so many bad reviews on this Trip Advisor internet site, and saw some disgusting pictures too.

And vendors everywhere... was it that bad?

Thanks a lot for any answer or tips, I am very confused because I guess I read to many different comments on different forums.

PS: my first language is french, so pardon me for any mistakes. My other option is Moon Palace in Mexico which seems like a nice package, but everybody says the sea is bad, and I am a beach person...

Ottawa
26. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

You are welcome, happy to help!

We have review 80% done.

Vendors are pretty bad, a no thanks usually works but another person comes along minutes later! Haha

J.

Greensburg...
reviews: 4
27. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

A number of others have mentioned the frequency of vendors circulating around and through the Palladium properties. I've been to Ambar and the Iberostars and while there are vendors, they are not an annoyance as they appear to be at the Palladiums. I would like to try this resort but having to wave off a horde of guys with exotic birds, snakes, trinkets and excursion brochures each day doesn't seem inviting. I wonder why such unlimited access has been granted there but not in other nearby resorts?

La Prairie
28. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Thanks everyone for all the tips and comments. We have book trough Air Transat with an Imperial Club Junior Suite... the four of us are very happy with our decision and can wait for our summer holidays!!

La Prairie
29. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Oups... forgot to write wich section... we will be staying at The Grand Palladium Bavaro Section with the Imperial Club that Air Transat offers.

On
reviews: 30
30. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

4httr, there are not hordes of vendors wander through the Palladium. yes there are people with the monkey ect offering pictures they work for the photographer located at the resort, while we have been asked on the odd occasion if we want our picture taken they rarely ask us, in fact the 3 times we have done it ( over 10 trips) we have had to approach them as they have passed by. the vendors that are allowed on the resort are restricted to where they may be, in fact on our last trip we were sitting with a member of management and a vendor approached us, he was firmly told by the member of management that he was not to be in that area and if found doing it again he would not be allowed back on the resort. The vendors on the beach, well the beach down by the waters edge is open to the public so the resort has no say about vendors there. as to the travel club vendors I think on the last trip we were only approached once, he never even got to get to his speal, as I just looked at him and said not interested, we have been here 10X. last trip I actually miss took a travel club rep as a butler and asked him to tell me were a certian other butler was and he radioed and found him for me and did not even mention the travel club. :0)