We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 3
Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Hi everyone! I've booked our family vacation to Grand Palladium Punta Cana kind of on a whim last night and now having some major buyers remorse. Can you please reassure me that we will have a great vacation? We are travelling with two young kids, ages 3 and 6 and it's a first AI for the little one. We took the older one to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Delux a couple of years ago and we all had a great time, but this time we can't afford it so went for the GP instead. I'm a little worried about rooms, their distance to the beach, their overall condition and size, it being an older section of the resort. Is there a certain block I need to request? Are there elevators in buildings and are there palapas on the beach? All responses will be appreciated.

Penelopa08 (can't find how to log in from my phone)

Ottawa
reviews: 2
1. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

We've been to both and like the Palladium better. We're returning Jan 8th with 6 & 7 year old, you'll be surprised how small the Palladium feels, staying the the PC section is the best for family. For example if you stay in building 4000, from room to main pool, lobby, bar, main buffet, kids club and beach is 2-3 minute walk. SHould you want to goto to the Bavaro or Palace its slightly further, excellent layout.

j.

Peoria, Illinois
reviews: 14
2. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

The grand palladium is a very nice resort. You will love it.

Check out www.palladiumaddict.net This site will give you tons of info on the resort.

I was there last year and they were redoing the kids club. It is wonderful now, makes me wsh I was a kid again...ha

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 45
3. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Agreed, you will have a wonderful time! We are returning to the Palladiums for the 2nd time in February...can't wait!!!!

Newmarket, Canada
4. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Thank you guys, I feel a lot better now. :) I will try and request a room in building 4000. How many levels is the building? Are there elevators? Any certain level I need to request? Sorry about all the questions, I'm getting a little giddy. :)

Ottawa
5. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

I'm pretty sure they're 3 floors with no elevator. We had 1st floor last time which was nice, if you have a stroller take the first. Also, if you're making trips back to the bar to refill the drinks after the kids goto bed you can just climb over the rail and not go thru the room. :o)

j.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 6
6. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Don't be nervous , you'll have great vacation at the Palladium .

Only two levels and no elevator at block 4000

The Palladium have a great kid's club at two minutes from the block 4000.

They have a swimming pool for the kids .

The buffet is beside the kid's club and you also have a pool for everybody beside too.

The beach is also at 2 minutes from block 4000 :))

The resto à la carte are close to block 4000.

Have a geat time

McMcMontréal

Newmarket, Canada
7. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Senor Cerveza - That is something I never thought of, what a great idea to climb over the railing! Will definitely keep it in mind.

McMcMontreal - Thanks for more details on the block 4000, will try even harder now to get a room there. :)

Another question. I've booked through Sunwing, is there something I need to know about flying with them, good and bad? I've heard their reps on the resorts don't do a very good job of being available, but not really sure if that's important to me. Any other things to be prepared for with them?

Ottawa
8. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Sunwing - you will need $120 USD to get your family of 4 in and out of the country. We never talk to the reps, they normally have a info page posted on wall or in binder, departure times etc.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 6
9. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

With Sunwing you'll have to pay for tourist card to enter :$10 and $20 tax to exit

In Dominican Republic for everybody with a passport.

If you want to send request at Grand Palladium Punta Cana , send your request only 10 days before you leave because they give the rooms only 24-48 hrs before you arrive .

On you request be sure to write: you reservation/ reference number ( on your invoice) , your arrival date , hour . and how long you stay , how many people in the room. On the request you can ask what level you want, how many beds, if you need something special for the kid's etc ))

I give you the adress to send your email at the Palladium :

acliente.puntacana@palladiumhotelgroup.com.

McMcMontreal

Newmarket, Canada
10. Re: Grand Palladium Punta Cana Jan 27 - Feb 3

Thanks a lot guys, that is exactly the kind of information I was looking for!