We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

Had a great time - fantastic resort - been to the Iberostar Grand before - first time at the Iberostar Bavaro and will definitely return. Let m know if you have any quesons!

Simcoe, Canada
reviews: 4
1. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

Did you put the reserved sign on my lounge?

Glad you enjoyed it mom and knew you would....

Welcome home.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 20
2. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

mom, I'm soooo glad you enjoyed it.... and please excuse my tardiness and hope it all worked out well for you. :-)

Cheers, Debbie

phila
reviews: 76
3. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

We are going in 2 weeks so this was a nice post!

Anything that you would recommend doing/not doing? Which restaurants did you like the best? What activities did they have at the resort? What about outside the resort?

St. John's, Canada
reviews: 6
4. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

Mom...glad to hear you enjoyed the IB. Would love to read your review. Let us know if & when you submit one. Having totally enjoyed the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and the Grand in Jamaica, the Iberostars in PC are on our "short" list for future PC trips.

Btw, how does the IB compare to others in PC that you've been to?

Mama :)

cape cod...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

mom,

Didn't you just LOVE that salad bar?! It's the best anywhere! Did they have any Christmas lights up yet?

Simcoe, Canada
6. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

Correction ....

Didn't you just LOVE that beach bar?! It's the best anywhere!

:)

cape cod...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

That's true too!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 9
8. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

Thanks gsdky/deb/oceangirl! (gsdsky - Our fave beach bar was actually the one at the Dominicana - loved the margarita's!) (oceangirl - Xmas lights/decorations and trees were up - I was disappointed that they weren't going to turn them on though until Dec 10th - probably to conserve energy - but I would've loved to have seen them lit up at night).

schmave - We loved the place sooo much. Didn't do much more then eat, drink and park our butts by the beach and pool. We thought the food was fantastic - had one of the best steaks ever at the Gourmet restaurant (which is just for adults) and a really great steak also at the Steakhouse. Had delicious sea bass at the Mediterannean and excellent salmon at the Cajun. We enjoyed the Asian restaurant as well. Only a la carte we did not find great was the Mexican - food was so/so and service was poor compared to the service at all the other restaurants which was exellent. We were pleasantly surprised by the house wine (vino tinto and blanco) - was really good at all the restaurants. We had great breakfasts at the main buffet and could not believe all the choices availabile at the buffet by the beach. Lots and lotsof palapa's and loungers available at the beach and by the pool. Beach was in great shape - very little seaweed. My only negative comments would be that it would be nice to have free wi-fi - at least in the lobby- and I would've liked yoga on the beach. We didn't do any excursions.

mama - I will try to write a review and post some pics. While we loved the adults-only atmosphere of the Grand, we really loved the tropical feel of the Bavaro. The Iberostar Bavaro is definitely one of our favourites - always hard to choose as of all the resorts we've been to, they've all had some great things and some not so great things about them.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 14
9. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

Just returned from the Dominicana 3 hours ago. Had a fantastic week also. Everything is cool at the Iberostars. Great staff, good food. Too bad the Sun did not come out on Thursday and Friday. Oh well still have fun with the Star Friends at the pool and beach.

Simcoe, Canada
10. Re: Just got home from the Iberostar Bavaro!

Thanks for info on the other beach bar mom. I may just have to pay a visit and see for myself. Son in law loves margarita's so I know I will have company.

1 mth today and we will be enduring a lovely plane ride with the 18 mth old so those margarita's would be nice on the plane.