We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fishkill, NY
reviews: 34
Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

I was a big fan of this resort when it was Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana. Was very sad when they sold it as I planned on returning. I'm hearing that its been sold once again. Does anyone have details of who is taking over? I believe it's scheduled to occur on Jan 10.

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
1. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

Hi

I think you will find that The Fishing Lodge and Sanctuary still have the same owners

At outset Sanctuary was managed by the owners themselves and then they changed the management to AMResorts who marketed it under the Secrets banner. In the fall of 2011 they awarded the management of TFL and Sanctuary to Salamander

The owners took back the management of TFL as of 1st October and they will give up the contract for Sanctuary as of 10th January

Like you I am eagerly awaiting further details of what the owners will do next

I will see what I can fnd out

Fishkill, NY
reviews: 34
2. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

Thans Flip Flop! I hope to return there someday as it is truly a special place!

Punta Cana...
3. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

agreed,

two very beautiful locations which sorrily suffer from the beginning under bad Management/Sales.

as Flip showed above, the Sanctuary never been sold, it is still owned by the same Family who built it, what changed a few times been the Management Company to run the Sales and on site management for the property.

hopefully the ones taking that job soon at will reach a successful outcome of their work.

Flip, most likely the properties will not be run by the same company but by two different ones.

the Fishing Lodge, which opened a year ago, is negociating since several months with such Management Company, but there are still some kinks to be sorted out by the Lawyers, still nothing written in stone, and such situation that close to X-mas Week, the start of the Peak Season for such Properties/the Area at all. they missed it last year completely, I hope it will not be repeated this year.

Mike

Chester, United...
4. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

Mike

I do know that when I spoke with Pablo when we were at SCC they were yet to decide if they would operate the two properties under one management company or have two different companies - both ways have advantages and disadvantages - time will tell

They could of course sell one or both properties

Punta Cana...
5. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

yes, both variations have their advantages.

I like most the variation to have both together operated by one Management Company, as their amenities can be combined for the guests of either property.

and of course they should start the water shuttle, which been promised since the Fishing Lodge opened, to bring their guests by water over to the Marina Area, the Shopping and Restaurants Area and to shuttle guests between Sanctuary and Fishing Lodge, Salamander just never started that free service.

the shuttle Service the old Management provided, by a 22 seater Bus, been for most times a big Mess, as they did not even bring on a driver to speak at least some basic english, Guests had quiet often a hard time to make clear where they wanna be dropped off.

I had twice Guests from the sanctuary (they have their Transfer to my Piers included and done by our own vehicles) who saw that shuttle Bus pulling up to the Sanctuary Lobby, so to ask if that would be the Transportation to the Marina they asked the driver "Fishing?", and the Drivers answer "Yes", he boarded them and brought them over to the Lobby of the Fishing Lodge, while we waited for the Guests at the sanctuary. luckily at TFL the Girlie at the Lobby speaks very good english and has my phonenumber, so we knew where our Guests been searching for da Boats, lol.

it starts in a large number of very small details where the last management failed completely, like a Shuttle Driver who knows his small Area of rides and speaks at least a basic english, as very most Guests there been english speakers in the first place.

I would love to see the Fishing Lodge getting busy in the New year with lots of Guests to get more Life to the whole Place/Area at Cap Cana.

it's beautiful, but til today been pure mismanaged and completely unorganized.

Mike

Chester, United...
6. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

Good news Friday

I cannot say anymore just now but an announcement will be made very, very shortly and IMHO it is very good news indeed as far as Sanctuary goes

Kansas City...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

Flip - anything new on The Fishing Lodge? I am told TFL is sold out for the time we will be there. Although we are traveling with friends and will have an excellent time no matter what...it's always fun to socialize with other travelers. I was rather concerned that our group would be the only people there. LOL! Just curious if there are any updates.

Naples, Florida
reviews: 38
8. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

Good News Indeed Flip Flop.

Couldn't be more excited...

Chester, United...
9. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

Tingy

I hope to hear more later today or Saturday

Kansas City...
reviews: 4
10. Re: Sanctuary Cap Cana - New ownership?

Thanks FFM. I will look forward to it.