We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ashley, Pennsylvania
reviews: 55
Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

We are staying at the Majestic Elegance in Aug 2013 at an upgraded rate to include their "Elegance Club" . They want me to pay an additional 1200.00 for a 10 minute vow renewal ceremony for my husband and self when everything they include in their wedding package will not pertain to us.

Can anyone tell me how to locate a judge in Punta Cana to inquire about my ouw ceremony?? We are already legally married, have no guests, and no special requests, just a 10 minute simple ceremony with only the 2 of us.... any ideas please?

This is very impt on our 25th wedding anniversary as the Dominican is our second home, and I almost lost my husband recently. Please help!!

55 replies to this topic
1. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:43 pm, July 30, 2014

Ashley, Pennsylvania
2. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

Sorry I cannot afford that.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
3. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

The answer may well be 'no', but have you thought about just renewing your vows between yourself and your husband, perhaps at sunset, or sunrise, saying to each other what is important to each of your about them etc? It would mean the same, having a stranger there wouldn't really add anything for me, especially as there is no 'legal' stuff involved.

Ashley, Pennsylvania
4. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

Yes, that is or second plan, but for reasons of my own, I would like it to ceremonial type so that I may even get some pics. Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
5. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

Maybe I'm way off base, but how about a boat excursion, and have the Captain do it?

Mark

Cheltenham, United...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

What a fab idea. We too are looking at renewing our vows in 2014. Mark do you have any contacts who may be able to do that? I would certainly be very interested. We will be in a similar position - just the 2 of us as we were for the wedding but don't need the whole wedding package the hotels provide. This sounds the perfect solution - romantic too. Off to Riu Palace Macao in 6 weeks to check out PC as a setting for the vow renewal.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
7. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

I don't have any contacts for that. It just occurred to me that Captains can do wedding vows, so why not renewing vows?

Mike Fischer, or Veritas, or PCMike could probably give you contacts for that, and when you're there in 6 weeks, you can ask the people at the resort.

Mark

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
8. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

If you are interested, you could have a simple vow renewal at the new Catholic Church in the Cortecito Beach area. You can send an email requesting information to Deacon Francisco Tavarez: ing.tavarez32@gmail.com.

Ashley, Pennsylvania
9. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

PERFECT IDEA MARK!!!! .. do you know of any such thing?? I have some research to do!!

scallywag09 Please let us know if you find something like this!! And congrats to you!!

I'd love to hear how you make out!!

Ashley, Pennsylvania
10. Re: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

Thanks for the email...TravelPro198 I appreciate!!

Reply to: Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted