We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Royal Bavaro Beach Vs Negril Beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WISCONSIN,USA
Catalonia Royal Bavaro Beach Vs Negril Beach

My wife and I are considering Cat Royal in March. We've stayed on Long Bay, Negril beach many times. We enjoy the calm, clear water Negril has to offer. Can anyone who has experienced both comment on the differences, and if we would be dissapointed with the ocean conditions at the Cat Royal?

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
reviews: 7
1. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Beach Vs Negril Beach

While the beachfront at the Catalonia is nice and wide and sandy-white with generally calmer year-round surf conditions compared to the more northern Punta Cana area resorts, it definately pales in comparison to the beaches in the Negril area!

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Beach Vs Negril Beach

the Catalonia Royal for sure, the beach there is wonderful, you can walk for miles, Everything is nearby and the snorkeling right off the resort on the beach there is fantastic.

Kansas City...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Beach Vs Negril Beach

I agree with Travel Pro. As you know, you can also walk for miles on Negril beach and Punta Cana would not be my choice for snorkeling or diving. The snorkeling is better in Jamaica than Punta Cana...still not the best in the Caribbean, but better. The sea is clearer and calmer in Negril but the Catalonia is a good spot for calmer waters and a white powder beach.

Punta Cana beaches are great for a laid back R & R. It does not have the action that Long Bay ignites. They are different but give it a try. You'll never know until you experience it yourself.

Marlton, New Jersey
4. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Beach Vs Negril Beach

We went to Couples Negril last January and the water and weather was perfect for sailing and snorkeling. We loved the Hobie Cats. In Bloody Bay the conditions was near perfect for them. We will be going to Bavaro beach 12/28 to 1/6 this year at the Palladium Royal Suites.. I am hoping the confitions will be ok for a couple of Hobie Cat beginners. If you are going after 1/6 I can report back.

5. Re: Catalonia Royal Bavaro Beach Vs Negril Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, December 17, 2013