We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
reviews: 6
Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

We arrived home Monday and are going to book in the next couple of weeks to go back to Iberostar. Our family looked at the pictures and has decided to go with us. My mother in law hasn't been on a plane since they were all props. Was it the photographer or is it the resort?

London
1. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

will be flying out on xmas day, and was just wondering how the weather was, and the wave action of the sea? any calm days, and where people swiming in the sea?

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 13
2. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

Glad you had a good time. Leaving one week from tomorrow for the third time at the Dominicana.

pittsburgh
3. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

Tricky,

First 2 days water a little rough. We still went out and we aren't the greatest swimmers. There was a storm out in the water somewhere. And we had some real rain those first 2 nights. After that, everything was perfect. You will be fine.

grumpy

cape cod...
reviews: 20
4. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

grumpy,

How did you find the overall vibe of the Dominicana? I love the atmosphere there...it is fun. Are you returning to the Dominicana?

Hope it was all you had hoped for!

Stratford
reviews: 4
5. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

Im going here in January! What rooms do you recommend?

Greensburg...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

Did you get the a a la cartes that you wanted and where did you camp out on the beach?

Bavaro, Dominican...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

I'm sure you photos are pretty good but its a high testament to the staff and management at the iberostar that they do have a lot of repeat travellers, well done them I say.

pittsburgh
8. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

Shielam,

That depends on where you want to go. We are on the beach all day, so we wanted something close. We were in room 4051 which faces the pool near an entrance but is on the end closest to the beach. Our room was on the 1st floor. No problems with noise.

4httr,

We did get the ala cartes we wanted, just not the best times. We always like to eat at 7 or close. We had the LaCana at 9 and we booked them as soon as we got there. Didn't go to the room or anything else. We camped out up by the dive shop. I can't say anymore.

Oceangirl,

We were treated like royalty. We met the big guy at check-in and he remembered us throughout the week. The atmosphere is great there. I have no complaints. We are going to try to go back to the Bavaro because my wife's whole family is intending on going and her sister went with us in 05 to the Bavaro. I have personally recommended like 9 couples go to Punta Cana. 4 have gone to the Bavaro and 4 to the Dominicana. 1 went to the Majestic Colonial and none have a complaint.

11 months,24 days and 17 hours til we leave next year,

Grumpy

Greensburg...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

Now that you've stayed at the Bavaro and the Dominicana, what makes the Bavaro worth the extra cash to go back there ? Is the food better or the ambience, night life or the rooms ?I'm really curious about that because I've thought about scheduling the Bavaro but the travel agent said that if we were planning on staying mostly on the beach and if we were easy to please regarding food and drinks, stay at either Punta Cana or Doiminicana and use the unspent cash as a nest egg for the next trip.

cape cod...
reviews: 20
10. Re: Just back from the Iberostar Dominicana, any Questions?

food is better and more varied at the Bavaro.