We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there alot of mosquitos

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton
reviews: 2
Is there alot of mosquitos

in December?

Sackville, N.B.
reviews: 14
1. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

Which resort are you going to? - there are some that seem worse than others. Have not been in Dec but there were a few that were bad in January.

Brampton
2. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

I'm going to DPB. I was at the Ambar last December but don't recall seeing very many...

I'm travelling with a 7 month old and can't use repellent on her so I was just curious.

I will bring a net for her stroller just in case.

Aylmer, QC
reviews: 11
3. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

A suggestions is that in addition to the net, to spray her stroller and use those OFF clips...

Happy Travels!!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
4. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

We were bitten pretty badly last week despite using 25% DEET - I know it's November not Dec, but people were saying they were worse than usual because of lots of rain. I don't know the life cycle of mosquitoes, but I'd take plenty of repellant etc. just in case, and some anti itch / anti histamine you can use on your little one in case she does get bitten (I took and used kits of both!)

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
reviews: 78
5. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

Most resorts will spray for them on a regular basis so usually not a big problem unless recent rains. Check with your baby's doc to see if you can use Avons Skin so soft as this many times will help with mosquitos and sand flys.

BObK

Cornwall, Canada
6. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

Yes, check with your doctor, but a couple of little dabs of natural tea tree oil may help, and I second the anti-itch - we found hydrocortisone cream to be very effective, especially against any sand flea bites you may get. Just a thought :)

Have fun!!!

Pemboke, ON
reviews: 14
7. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

Just spent a week at the Riu Palace Bavaro, not a single solitary mosquito, bug or fly to been seen.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
8. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

I've been to the Dominican Republic in December 9 times, at 6 different resorts, from as far south as Barcelo Bavaro to Puerto Plata, and I've never noticed a mosquito problem at that time of year. I've had sand flea bites, but not mosquito.

Mark

Enfield
reviews: 13
9. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

Yes there is right now, no matter what we tried to do - spray ourselves, spray our room after going out,comingback in, spraying inside our bed, bathroom, they still got us. We don't know what the hotel done, but there is no screen on the balcony door. Of all the times, we don't take our net for the bed we needed it badly. I hear that Off is the best local product to use.

Mississauga
reviews: 3
10. Re: Is there alot of mosquitos

What is the mosquito situation at the excellence like?