We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 11
IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

Hello,

mid-late 20s chill couple looking to spend 3 nights at a hotel in Bavaro/Punta Cana. We've been to hotels ranging from 3 to 4.5 star in the area so we know what to expect. Just wondering if anyone can recommend IFA or Catalonia for a simple 3 day stay.

Looking for:

- clean

- decent food

- nice beach area

- good social vibe

- good nightly entertainment and bar scene

We just don't wanna be bored and hungry and in filth :)

Thanks!

Toronto
1. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

We went to IFA last February for a week and enjoyed it. Rooms were clean and comfortable, although the beds were a little hard, fabulous beach and always something going on at the main pool. The buffets were ok but I got bored with them after a couple of days. The a las cartes were good and the buffet down by the beach at lunch time was good. Also, the snack bar by the main pool was good too ( great pizza!) Although we didn't go to the disco, there is one on site that we heard was pretty good. It's not a bad place for a three day holiday. Having said that, I've never been to the Catalonia but one of my friends with us at the IFA, had been to the Catalonia a few years back and felt it was a little better quality than the IFA.

canada
reviews: 14
2. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

never been to the IFA but have been to Catalonia twice.

food was decent...esp the snack bar by the pool with delish roast chicken on spits..and a really good pizza oven. Pool was huge and deep..beach was calm and spotless.

I would go back to catalonia ..but probably on adult only side now as we have been spoiled with the adult only resorts the last couple trips.

N. Atlanta
reviews: 36
3. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

I haven't been to either but out of the two, I would choose the Catalonia. We stayed next to the IFA at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach resort and walked by their beach. I wasn't impressed. Kind of a small stretch and not many trees. I think the beach at the Catalonia looks better and there is probably more dining choices.

toronto
4. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

Thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm leaning towards IFA because Catalonia is so far from all the action

5. Re: IFA vs Catalonia? for Mid - Late 20s couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, December 16, 2013