We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! (Hard to choose)

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Help! (Hard to choose)

If you had to choose between Riu Palace Punta Cana or Iberostar Bavaro (not the Grand one, the next one down). Which would you choose and why? Too many wonderful hotels to choose from!!

Thanks in advance.

Punta Cana...
1. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

very comparable, close call.

I would take the much newer Riu palace Punta Cana, but you can't go wrong on either of them.

Mike

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
reviews: 7
2. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

You are certain to get differing opinions from the many great members here who have been fortunate enough to have experienced both these fine complexes!

Since they are located literally next to each other on Arena Gorda Beach, location should not be a factor for you. And since both are part of a larger resort complex which both allow you some limited access to other on-site facilities, that should not be a factor for you.

Therefore, what does seperate these resorts from each other is the accomodations, food & beverage quality & service, and for those aspects, between these two specific resorts, we found the RIU to be somewhat superior.

Hope this helps!

Peterborough
reviews: 6
3. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

Riu Palace Punta Cana is nice. Have never been to the Iberostar. Look up the Riu Palace Bavaro too!

manchester england
4. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

been to both and would choose the iberostar, better service, food, more of a tropical feel regarding grounds, plenty of shade on the beach, entertainment in the day and evening better, nice beach bar with sitting area. the riu just didnt do it for me and lacked atmosphere, especially in the evenings.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 19
5. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

don't think there are palapas at the Rius either.

manchester england
6. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

your right deb didnt see any on the beach, shade is in the way of trees which go early and can get a bit crowded. plus you have to pay for drinks at the pacha disco on site where as the drinks in the iberostar disco are part of the all inclusive ;-)

Simcoe, Canada
reviews: 4
7. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

Cold beer and french fries at the beach bar at the Bavaro yummie...

Wisconsin
8. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

Thank you for all of your responses!! We are currently booked at the RIU, but I am seriously thinking of changing to the Iberostar Bavaro.....

Enfield
reviews: 13
9. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

Iberostar over Riu -definitely. Better stretch of beach.

Punta Cana...
10. Re: Help! (Hard to choose)

I name their services very comparable, very good middle of the road resorts, and they are located on exactly the same stretch of Bech, side by side.

have Fun at either

Mike