We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 24
"Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

I have a friend who will be travellin solo to Punta Cana and is a little bit leary about doing so. I know there have been posts before about this, but would like some advice to pass on to her. Has anyone on this forum done so before and how was your experience.

poozieny
reviews: 11
1. Re: "Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

I've ventured solo to PC twice, and had a great time both times. Which resort is your friend staying at? What are her concerns?

Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
2. Re: "Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

Actually she is looking at the Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa and IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa, but leaning toward IFA Villas Bavaro.

It's a last minute thing where she just wants to go and relax.

Just being by herself in a large resort, I told her she will meet people and have a really good time.

Tequesta, FL
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
reviews: 6
3. Re: "Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

Many solo travelers have a great time in Punta Cana! You don't say what time of year your friend is considering coming, but be advised that IFA Villas Bavaro is a featured Spring Break host resort for Student City this coming season and has the complex mostly booked from Saturday February 9, 2013 thru Sunday April 7, 2013, which is the week following Easter Sunday, March 31, 2013.

poozieny
reviews: 11
4. Re: "Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

Ok. I'm not specifically familiar with either of those resorts. Are you referring to Punta Cana Princess All Suites, by any chance? That one, I did stay at solo.

On one of my solo trips, I had made some contacts here on TA beforehand, and did meet those individuals at the resort (PCP). For my second solo trip, I hadn't prearranged to meet up with anyone at the resort, but ended up meeting a great group of people (we were all meeting for the first time.... couples, singles, friends, families), and ended up spending most days and evenings together in some fashion.

I would say it's easy to stay by yourself just as it's easy to meet folks, depending on what you want out of your vacation.

Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
5. Re: "Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

She is leaving in a couple of weeks - thanks so much for all your help. It will ease her mind.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 10
6. Re: "Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

I've stayed at Bavaro Princess solo once, and it was very nice, in fact I chose to return four more times with friends.

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 8
7. Re: "Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

DDF...forget your friend. You go and have a great time.

Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
8. Re: "Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

Unfortunately we are not scheduled to go until April (back to the Ambar). Fortunately for her, she found another single friend to go with, so she is very happy. Thank you for all your help.

9. Re: "Punta Cana All Suites Resort & Spa"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 16, 2013