We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton Jct., NJ
reviews: 18
Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

We're back to our terrace for 3 weeks this time! Sailman is also here again in club level with a terrace room. We're on Ella side and he is over on Elle side. Maybe we'll have dueling posts.

So nice to be back. The laughs have already begun. Last night we had a dinner for 10 people at See & Sea that included Sailman's group and another group of multiple repitadores whom we have previously met here. We were all supposed to meet at the Managers' Cocktail Party and then have dinner on one of the terraces overlooking the beach. The weather did not cooperate and it began puring just as the cocktail party was beginiing. We proceeded with the dinner just inside the terrace, which is almost as nice since the restaurant is open air, but we had a partial curtain drawn to protect us from any errant rain. The rain stopped before we started eating. ME started us all off with a canape tray of goodies including my favorite, smoked salmon and caviar. There was also shrimp and cheese and fruit balls, and serrano ham. Hubby & I had our traditional first meal here: crab soup and lobster. Others had crab cakes, tuna tartare, gorgeous mixed salad, and I lost count of what else. The house white wine, Baron de Valac was concumed eagerly by all.

I'll keep this first post short for later scrolling purposes. It truly feels like coming home here, but, of course, better, since someone else is doing all the work! And, yes, we have wash cloths. HaHa

Sackville, N.B.
reviews: 14
1. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

Glad to hear you have started your vacation off great. Have a great 3 weeks Desi!

Halifax, Canada
2. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

Have fun.

Cheers!

toronto
reviews: 5
3. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

Happy to hear you arrived safely Desi!!! Sounds like you have wasted no time in settling in! See you in a couple weeks! Loved the "wash cloth" comment :D

Princeton Jct., NJ
4. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

Thanks Sackie & Fan! I think it is impossible not to have fun here. Yesterday was a long day and still we enjoyed. We didn't get a chance to say hello to everyone we know yet, but I think we have some time. HaHa We had planned to say hola to a few people at the party.

Angel the head butler is now over at the Colonial Club doing the same. We will miss him here at Elegance. Our butler this time is "the other Angel". He is very nice. We've met him before, but he has never been our butler before. The check in room for club has been re-decorated and is now quite nice. The little podium as you arrive has been moved to the right side of the entrance steps near the bell captain. I'm thinking we have been here a bit much when the bellman are all saying welcome back as we got out of our car. All of the staff is very friendly.

Keyla the Front Desk Manager gave us a welcome wave as we passed. I so felt glad to return to the Majestic family when Guest Services Manager, Argenis, gave me a big hug before we were checked in. Mirita is the cocktail waitress at the upper lobby bar. She saw us arrive and immediately, after big smile and wave from across the lobby, brought our "Majestic Welcome Drinks" to us in the club check-in room and we caught up on what's new.

We were taken to our room by golf cart. Hubby was so glad he did not have to walk that he tipped the cart driver. Our luggage arrived within minutes after our butler left our room. We skipped the "tour", as we don't need it.

Our first stop, as always, was to go visit Maxima at the Elle pool bar. We did not make it to the bar, as Maxima was walking around the pool handing out caramel liquor shots. First she hugged both of us and then she poured a shot into a chilled shot glass and said "Drink". I did and downed the shot in one gulp. The vacation had begun.

Before dinner we got to speak with Argenis and Rooms Div Manager, Jordi. Their smiles and kindness are so welcoming. Jordi is not the hugging type, but I'm thinking I might embarrass him one of these times and give him a big one anyway. Maybe next visit.

It poured hard during sleep time, but the sun is coming out now. The sky is blue. The clouds are puffy white. Looks like it will be a beautiful day in paradise.

Sackville, N.B.
5. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

You are making me very anxious to be back there. Just over 2 months and it will be our turn!

Is Miriam still at the Italian Club Breakfast and is Joselito still at the buffet and the French restaurant! The look on their faces last year when they saw us was cute. They were sure we looked fimilair but it took them a while before they said anything.

Edited: 8:31 am, November 14, 2012
Oakville, Canada
reviews: 11
6. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

Cheers to you and your hubby Desi, have a wonderful time!!!

Sheryl

Hartford...
reviews: 115
7. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

<----------- Jealous

Glad you are having a blast right out of the gate!

Ellicott City MD
reviews: 2
8. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

Mirita is a cutie pie...;)

Say Hi to Jordi, Maxima and Felix for us!

Princeton Jct., NJ
9. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

drg--I forgot to mention, upon our arrival there was a little surprise letter in our welcome packet from the General Manager, Jose Maria Gutierrez that impacts on you! We received a complimentary romantic dinner for 4 in the wedding gazebo, so that when you and hubby get here, the four of us csn enjoy together! Don't you just love this place?

Sackie: We haven't made it to any of those restaurants,but we will. We had our first breakfast today at S&S. Perfect from the fresh squeezed orange juice to the oatmeal to the cooked to order fried eggs. The bacon was as good as I've ever had here---not too fatty, not too cooked, not too undercooked. As always, there wee lovely breezes and that to die for view. Not to worry, your time will pass quickly and you'll be back before you know it.

Sheryl--We miss you & hubby. Maybe in May we can lounge in the pool together again.

Forgot to mention---We have two towel swans entwined like they're kissing decorated with lots of flowers. The sink area also has lots of flowers. Our "housekeeper" has already made up our room today. We got a third wash cloth. Ha Ha We have three bath towels and two hand towels. All is in good towel order.

Thanks Matt. I think it's all in the attitude of the guest. Good attituted equals good time.

kd--Jordi has a day off today. I'll catch him tomorrow. I'll attend to Maxima and Felix today.

The new permanent covers on the S&S terraces work really well. Although there are slats, the sun is completely blocked. There are also lots of lanterns hanging so there is good lighting at night. The club lounge doors have been replaced. They used to be solid wood. Now they are glass. Nice improvement for many reasons. They've also added "Elegance Club" monogrammed mats in front of all the doors forfoot wiping.

Today is a beach day for us. Gotta get that sand between my toes.

Oh--gossip of the day--Argenis and Ariella, Asst. Guest Services Manager, have gotten engaged! Love is in the air everywhere here. (Nice ring too!)

Gotta go do nothing!

toronto
reviews: 5
10. Re: Majestic Elegance TerraceTime x 3 weeks

Desi!!! That's absolutely wonderful!! Can't wait to dine with you and hubby in the wedding gazebo!! Thanks to you & Jose Maria Gutierrez!!! 12 more sleeps for us!!

Can't wait :D