We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What documents are required when entering DR.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
waterloo
What documents are required when entering DR.

Hello to all.... My new wife and I are planning on staying in Punta Cana for our honeymoon. We are arriving on January 1st. We are both so excited. We have never travelled to DR, and were wondering as a Canadian, what documents are required upon entry to the DR. Are passports enough or do we require another piece of ID.

We both enjoy reading your helpful comments... especially Mr. Bubba....

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
1. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

Just a passport and the forms they require you to fill out. It's easy and quick. Make sure you get the $10 entry card beforehand, because there can be long lines for that. You should get that from the airline or tour operator, unless you're going with Sunwing. Otherwise, I'm told you get get that online.

If you have that, then you should breeze through the airport. The luggage comes out quite quickly.

If you're going with a package deal from a tour operator, then the resort will probably want a voucher that would have been provided to you. In any case, proof of your reservation is a good idea at the resort.

Mark

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 30
2. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

Only passports required. It's a good idea to make photocopies and keep that separate in case the passport is lost or stolen. Though not necessary, I usually take another piece of photo ID for the same reason.

waterloo
3. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

Thanks for the info.. Good idea about the photocopy!!!

waterloo
4. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

Thanks Mark.. Excellent information that we will be sure to use....

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
reviews: 78
5. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

Make a copy of the front page or two of the passport and then keep your original in the room safe. You do not need to have your original if you are traveling around off the resort just a copy will do if needed. The exception will be if changing money at a bank. They will require to see your passport.

Have a great trip

BObK

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 19
6. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

you'll also need your passport if you're planning on picking up a "tourist" phone

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 19
7. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

you can also make copys and just put them on your camera memory card or a usb stick.

BC
reviews: 13
8. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

I have scanned copies of our passports saved in my email. Has come in very handy when needed.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 5
9. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

I'm a bit disappointed that Sunwing does not include the $10 tourist card in their package. Seems that they are the only airline that doesn't supply them. This means a long wait in line which in my opinion could be avoided. What the h.....!!! Oh well, we will be in paradise and on vacation so we'll "suck it up"!

Nahville, TN
reviews: 7
10. Re: What documents are required when entering DR.

getmetothesun go here and buy online then you can take the short line https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/