We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort would you choose for price?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
382 posts
4 reviews
Which resort would you choose for price?

On a budget, 2 adults 4yo and 2yo.

Grand Paradise Bavaro $3960

Be Live Grand PC $4080

Tropical Princess $4360

Caribe Club Princess $4560

Ifa Villas Bavaro $4660

Bavara Princess All Suites $4740

Grand Palladium PC $ 4960

Looking for great beach, nice pool and grounds, and good for family. Night entertainment (like music outside for kids to dance) and kids show would be good too.

Also comparing to Viva Wyndham Beach $3700 or Palace $4020 for calmer beach, but it's a long drive.

Can anyone help, it's a little overwhelming since i'm looking to book asap.

Montreal, Qc
2 posts
41. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

Hello Naidanac,

Go to Sear travel, talk with a travel agent there is lots available. If you book your trip using the Sear card you get lots of sears points and $100 gift card. In Montreal anyway that is the deal.

Dec 21, 2012 there is lot of value trips avaiable. If not get the Sear travel rep to figure a way for you to get one, they will call you when one comes available. I don't work for Sears but I have financed lots of southern vacations using this method.

I tried on-line booking and had problems at the resort, the on line didnot send the payment or reserved something I didnot want and could never resolve it and had to settle for some less.

good luck......

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
97 posts
34 reviews
42. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

Look up deals on Vacation Express, Apple Vacations, Travelocity and then check the hotel with Trip Advisors hotel rating and reviews. We're also looking for a good deal and a nice place.

La Prairie
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
43. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

You all seem to be so much EXPERTS on Punta Cana or DR!!

I've was in Barcelo Bavaro in 1995 for our honeymoon and it was great, we then stayed in the beach section, has a fun relaxing time.

Now, looking forward to go back with two TEENS aged 15 and 12 who like to pratice all kind of sports and want to met other teens, with animation team, teens club, disco for teens if possible. I'm trying to find a place where 12 years old pay less if it is still possible.

I was considering Grand Palladium Bavaro or Bavaro Princess... wich one do you suggest, or would you have any other place to consider? Dreams seem nice but too expensive for us. Can not exceed 2000$/pperson.

Last summer, we were at the Grand Sunset Princess, Riviera Maya, and they had a blast... just trying to let them try something else, and maybe the sea will be nicer... 6000$ for the four of us, 11 days in August, because the youngest was 11 and payed only for the flight.

Thanks in advance for any tip!! Chantal Z. and Family

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
6 reviews
44. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

The Grand Palladium Bavaro is my choice . You pay for one and you use 3 Palladium : Bavaro, Palace and Punta Cana . 13 restos, 14 bars , 4 pools and a beautiful beach . The junior suites are renovated .

At the Palladium you have a junior club with pool table, babyfoot, video games and more . Also on the site you'll find sports complex with basket,soccer, Ping pong , tennis, badminton,mini golf and more .

McMcMontreal

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,653 posts
43 reviews
45. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

You have received goog advice. Palladium over Bavaro Princess. My reason is due to the unmanageable size of the BP with kids. The Palladium is large also but set up very well. I would also look into the PC or Palace section because they are central, however if the Bavaro section is way cheaper, then go for it anyway.

With all that being said, look into your vacation leaving from Detroit. Sometimes you will save enough money that you can arrive early, get a hotel, and pay for parking and still come under budget. Don't worry about pre-packaged actions either in the DR. This can also save you money. Look into booking air and hotel separately. Transfers from the airport to your hotel by taxi will average about 40$ each way. Taxis are easy to get at the airport.

I have had several vacations at the Tropical/Caribe princess and had a great time even though I was on a budget. I was reasonable with my expectations.

You can use Kayak.com to compare flight prices from different airports using different dates all in one quick search. Sign up first.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
382 posts
4 reviews
46. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

Still nothing that fits our budget.

I didn't see any non-stop flights from Detroit. I'll keep checking but doesn't seem like it's going to work out this year... also looking into a cruise, but they seem more stressful with kids.

La Prairie
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
47. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

Thank you for all tips posted here. I will keep looking and reading since our family trip will be around July-August 2013, I have time to look around and compare prices.

Tonight, I'm leaving for Florida where I will board the Ruby Princess for a one week carabeean cruise wich is a gift from and with my parents who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and I will meet my younger sister who lives in Cleveland, Ohio.

It is a one-time life experience since I don't expect to be able to offer that kind of trip to my own family really soon!!

Thanks again for all your useful comments!! :-)

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
48. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

You are getting good advice on the Grand Palladium Complex. You have as said 3 resorts, the Bavaro, Punta Cana and Palace. Great beach, you can go anywhere within the three resorts . There is a neat land train that travels throughout the resort. Tons of activities for all ages.

La Prairie
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
49. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

Thanks everyone for all tips and comments.... We booked our trip yesterday.... and we will be staying at The Grand Palladium Bavaro Section with the Imperial Club offer from Air Transat. The four of us are very happy with our decision and can not wait for our 10 days summer vacation!! :-)

On
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
34 reviews
50. Re: Which resort would you choose for price?

you will love the GP! the newly renovated JSs are very beautiful! and the beach buffet in the Bavaro section is recently renovated as well and has a panini station! the indoor a la cart in the Bavaro section has the largest selection of any of the buffets, and be sure to try Hemmingways at night for top shelf alcohol ( its between the bavaro lobby and the pool and is marked cocktail bar on the resort map)