We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Has anyone stayed here? We were set to stay at the Breezes in Nov but have been moved to this hotel. I heard it was still under construction. Anyone heard anything good or bad or anything about they damages from the hurricane? Thanks

Ky
1. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

I will be traveling to this hotel next week. I will post let you know how it went when we return.

Leeds, United...
2. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Hi,

In reply to your post, I can honestly say that when we stayed at the Bahia Principe in Oct 2001 it was fab for the money we paid. I too am booked in the Breezes in Cabarete (POP) from the 15th Nov to 1st Dec. I advised my tour operator it maybe closed and they said they hadn't heard of such a thing??? Hoever I am not too chuffed with them and they still haven't rang back. Were you booked in the same Breezes or the one on the south of the island in Punta Cana? Maybe you can tell me what my agent seems unable to do.

Cheers

Jenny Logan, Leeds, UK

Quebec, Canada
3. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Hi,

I just came back from Bahia Principe Punta Cana yesterday and it was wonderful. The beach is very nice, good service, good food and the weather was hot and sunny. I went to Breezes to see because I was supposed to go there too and there is a lot of damages.

Have a nice trip and do not hesitate if you have some questions.

Daniele

Ky
4. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Thanks for the info about the bahia. We were booked at the Melia until I read various illness reports on several different websites. I decided not to take any chances so we switched to the Bahia 3 days before the hurricane hit. I was wondering if I made the right choice. I'm ready to leave now.

kansas city, MO
reviews: 1
5. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Daniele,

I would love to pick your brain about the resort. We are going there in Nov and my wife is going crazy trying to prepare. Is there an email address where we can talk off the forum?

Brian

brianlnc@earthlink.net

Quebec, Canada
6. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Hi Brian,

Do not hesitate to ask me your questions. My e-mail is danibouc@hotmail.com

Daniele

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 1
7. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

I am so glad you had a good stay - we are going in 4 weeks. Can you tell me - how is the social scene at the resort? Did you visit the night club?

Calgary, AB
8. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Hi,

I am planning a trip to the Bahia Principe Punta Cana Oct28-Nov4/04 and was wondering if the water was clear or if it still shows any effects from the hurricane. I have heard that the resort and beach are fine and was wondering if anyone has been there in the last week.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Ravin

BC Canada
reviews: 4
9. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

A very recent post on the Trip Advisor reviews of this resort indicates everything is clean. Just click on the resort name on the left of this screen to see the report from a Chicago visitor who was there post Jeanne. My wife and I are going Nov 9 - 16/04 and are very excited about this resort.

Pittsburgh
10. Re: Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Hey guys, my wife and I were there last week. We have another post with information. The resort and beach are wonderful. there is no noticeable damage from the Hurricane. If you click on our name, you can see what we posted elsewhere.

Have fun.