We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Card online

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jackson, Michigan
reviews: 9
Tourist Card online

You must buy your Tourist card on line before you go to the Dominican Republic. Line at the AIRPORT was long 100+ long waiting to purchase your Tourist Card. I bought ours online the day before we went and it saved us waiting in the longest line. We showed our printed out forms and was moved to a differant line with only three people in it.

https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/

65 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh
reviews: 20
1. Re: Tourist Card online

Always hated that line, nice being able to buy in advance.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 38
2. Re: Tourist Card online

Not true for Canadian travellers except Sunwing passengers.

We are all given our tourist card on the aircraft and our departiure tax is included also, except Sunwing....

Bavaro, Dominican...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Tourist Card online

I think the post is a unintentionally a bit deceiving not that you MUST buy the tourist card online rather it is quicker for you at arrivals if you do

Jackson, Michigan
reviews: 9
4. Re: Tourist Card online

I did not mean that you must buy your tourist card online. I meant that it saved me more than 1/2 hour of standing in line. ( If you are coming from the USA.)

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 10
5. Re: Tourist Card online

Thanks so much 61cad for the info~

Summerside
reviews: 14
6. Re: Tourist Card online

Does anyone out there know if Canadians flying with Sunwing can buy their tourist cards ahead of time???

Bavaro, Dominican...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Tourist Card online

I'm wondering if sooner or later travel companies will include it in the package as they do the exit fee and therefore the queue for the people paying gets shorter than the one with it pre paid, just a thought

Simcoe, Canada
reviews: 4
8. Re: Tourist Card online

Thanks for that question spud as flying sunquest (westjet) this year and not sure.

Previous trips AC and included in price and handed out on board.

Summerside
reviews: 14
9. Re: Tourist Card online

We flew Westjet last year and all was included. It's only Sunwing that does this silly thing.

Niagara Falls...
10. Re: Tourist Card online

I'm a Canadian that flies out of USA. I do recall having to pay for a tourist card but don't recall waiting in line. Is this line new?

Reply to: Tourist Card online
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted