We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gourmet Resturant at Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton
Gourmet Resturant at Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Just wondering what type of food is served at the 'Gourmet' Resturant at the Grand Bahia Principe? Is it traditional Dominican food? Would you suggest going there as one of our al la carte dinners?

Thanks

Thunder Bay, Canada
reviews: 7
1. Re: Gourmet Resturant at Bahia Principe Punta Cana

The Gourmet restaurant is not Dominican food. I think the only place for Dominican food is the specialty night at the buffet. We went to the Gourmet twice in one trip. I had filet mignon the first time and duck breast the second. They were both delicious. It really was the only a la carte we liked. The Garden Grill was a huge disappointment after hearing everyone else rave. Unfortunately we couldn't get a reservation until 9:15, so the beef tenderloin was sold out. I ordered surf and turf and the stuff they called steak was about half a centimetre thick and burnt. The shrimp was good, though. We left our plates and went to the buffet. I know some are probably thinking we're too picky, but you pay in advance for your meals, they should atleast be edible. If you were to go to a restaurant at home, you would send back anything not perfect. The Japanese was ok, but very salty. If you have any health issues concerning salt, make sure you specify to the cook beforehand. We sat with a Japanese couple and they said the sushi was good. We thought so too. It is a nice restaurant to go to at the beginning of your trip because you are seated at the "counter" with 8 others. Good way to meet people. I seem to have gotten off topic! Hope this helps anyway.

Hamilton
2. Re: Gourmet Resturant at Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Thanks, Helps a lot!!!

Stony Plain, Alberta
3. Re: Gourmet Resturant at Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Le Gourmet is a French restaurant. I had the filet mignon and it was good. The Japanese was good too.

Make sure you book reservations for the Beach Barbeque...I think it's only on Tuesdays and Thursdays though.