We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MD
reviews: 24
Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

People,

What meds are you taking with you?

Also , what meds to take for kids?

Is there a suitable pepto-like med for kids?

saginaw, mi
reviews: 2
1. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

I know there is a pepto kids, I would take that.

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 4
2. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

Hi MariLand,

Not sure about the Kids Pepto, would check the antacid ailse at CVS or Walmart.

I like to pack eye drops the lubricant kind, salt water all day can be rough on your eyes.

Ear drops just in case...better to have it and solve your own problem than have to go see the resort doctor.

Earplugs, for snorkeling if you are prone to get water in your ears, or just for evening if it is noisy.

Aloe for any type of sunburn that you might get. Or just for moisturising your skin.

a little pack to keep in your beach bag with a few bandaids, some wipes just in case.

Hope this helps a bit.

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

Toronto
reviews: 1
3. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

Don't forget the Gravol for kids as well as tylenol, just in case.

MD
reviews: 24
4. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

So, kids pepto, kids tylenol, kids gravol, eye drops, ear drops, ...

Do they allow meds in glass bottles in carry-on?

Toronto
reviews: 1
5. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

You shouldn't have a problem with glass on your carry on. People bring bottles from duty free all the time.

London, Ontario
6. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

What I brought:

Asprin

Gravol

Immodium

Bandaids

Lots of sunscreen SPF 30 and 15

Aloe and Other lotions

Vitamins

Bluffton, South...
7. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

Best thing you can give is two tablets of acidophylis to everyone every day.Available at Walmart in the vitamin aisle.

Beach Haven...
8. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

What is Gravol? I've never heard of it.

Ontario
reviews: 2
9. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

Hi mariland, gravol is medicine that will control nausea,. We give it to our kids sometimes for car rides as they get motion sickness.

We also brought cough medicine, polysporin (needed it for sand flea bites on my son)..also needed benedryl to relieve the allergic reaction to the bites....(reduces the itch too).....we needed sol0rcane for sunburns and used tons of aloe cream for after sun.....childrens tylenol and bandaids came in handy. I brought some vitamin C and daily vitamins for the kids.....My husband needed robaxacette for a soar back(after a long catamaran ride with the kids)...We did bring emodium disolvables(used for adults and children)...but never needed it...Just bring your entire medicine cabinet for just in case(we had an adida bag full of medicine. We also brought with us from a travel doctor malaria pills, and antibiotics in case of severe diarhea, never needed the antibiotics. Good luck, happy travels.

East Peoria, IL
10. Re: Pepto and other meds esp. for kids?

I'd also suggest the powered form of Gatorade. I took in just in case the kids got sick to mix with bottled water to keep them hydrated.

Didn't end up needing it, no one got sick but never hurts to be prepared.

I would also suggest taking some snacks; like pringles, crackers, dry cereal, snack bars, etc. Hotel had popcorn and nachos, but the kids liked to lay in bed and chill out with some snacks now and then. Also good to have some in carryon for trip down if you don't end up having lunch for awhile.

Have a great trip!