We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denton, Texas
Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

Hello! I am about to book a trip for the hubby and I. I am looking at the Excellence ClubHoneymoon Suite Ocean Front. I looked at the website and it gave some details about the room, however I would like to know where these rooms are located and if they are really worth the big price hike. I cant find any pics of the rooms either. It does say oceanfront? I would like to make sure of that? Any help is apprecaited!

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

Hi

Are you looking at Excellence Club or Non-EC as they infact have three different types of honeymoon suites - they all have great views of the ocean???

Denton, Texas
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

The Excellence club Honeymoon Suite Ocean Front room.

Denton, Texas
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

Not the one with the roof top terrace, the one right below...I cant seem to find where these rooms are located. I was also wandering about the construction there. We will be going on June 7. Thanks

Chester, United...
4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

Hi again

OK for the ECHS you have 3 options

1. Is a standard ECJS with a large private deck are with it's own plunge pool on the same level as the suite

2. A much larger more modern suite with it's own lounge area but no private deck area. These suites as well as having a nice round indoor jacuzzi have a smallish soaking tub on the balcony

3. A brand new type which is the same as 2 above but these have a rooftop terrace with a plunge pool

Type 3 are located in between buildings #7 & #8 - there are two of these suites

Type 2 are in the same area under type 3 as well as 2 between buildings #10 & #11 and #11 & 14 under the new Imperial Suites

As far as I am aware all the construction/renovation work on that side of the resort is now complete

Send me a PM if you have futher questions

Edited: 5:15 pm, February 14, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

Hey Flip Flop, do you know of anyone who has stayed in the new Honeymoon suites with the rooftop terrace? i'm wondering if it's worth it or if there are any good pics out there.

phila
6. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

Yo flipflop , did they move the Imperial suites down past Excellence Club ?? They were around cascading pool ?

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
7. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

We booked the Excellence Club Honeymoon Suite with Rooftop Terrace and it was not available. All our paperwork listed this room and the resort did not deny that this room was the room promised.... I even exchanged emails with them b4 arriving to make sure.

We stayed 4 nights and were moved 3 times. If i had it to do over again, I would book the garden view and avoid the disappointment. You do not get any of the advertised things included in the room w/o asking. We had the fruit the first night and never again. No one asked abt ironing the one out fit listed. The a/c in some rooms were better than others. The bed was hard as a rock in one of the rooms. The water to fill the jazuci tub took hrs in all 3 rooms. We had a very weak signal on the internet in 2 of the 3 rooms.

That being said, if you don't mind the problems with the rooms, you will have a great time. If we didn't like the food in one restaurant, we went to another. We found the room service better than average. The staff on the beach were GREAT. We didn't go to the pool so no comment there. I found a new drink there I loved, the coconut drink was yummy. The nightly shows were good.

Illinois
reviews: 34
8. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

Were those other rooms better than the one you booked?,Because the hotel should not downgrade if they screwed up on your booked room.We booked a certain room also and i will not be happy if not available and they try to downgrade us..We will be there in less than 2 weeks..These replys always scare the heck out of me..

Edited: 6:33 pm, November 27, 2012
Chester, United...
9. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

beach

The Excellence Club Honeymoon Suite with Rooftop Terrace is their 2nd top room class. The only better room type are the two Imperial Suites and I do know from an exchange of PM's when sandy was at EPC that they were not in one of those - it could have been because they were occupied

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 7
10. Re: Excellence Punta Cana Rooms? Honeymoon suit ocean front?

Apparently someone screwed up and booked someone else in the room. There are only two of them, and from what I've seen, they tend to sell out. As flip said, there's only the Imperial Suite above that, and again, only two of them.

What kind of room did you book, beachbum?

Mark