We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What To Wear

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
What To Wear

For my trip to Punta Cana, I was planning on wearing Maxi dresses and t-shirts with shortss . Will these scream "tourist" or blend in?

Shediac, Canada
reviews: 5
1. Re: What To Wear

Your dresses will be lovely for the evening, in the daytime all you see is bathing suits and cover ups .... shorts & tees will be good. Have fun!

Kincardine, Canada
reviews: 14
2. Re: What To Wear

If you are going to spend most of your time on the resort or with a group tour, there's no need to blend in; everyone will know you're a tourist.

When I go away for 1 week I take:

-Lots of bathing suits (you need at least two so one can dry)

-Coverups that will be acceptable and ACTUALLY cover you when you grab a bite of lunch (there's nothing worse than seeing someone hover over the buffet with all their skin hanging out)

-Dresses, skirts, pretty tops for dinner and after

-Clothes to wear in the gym, if you're into that sort of thing

-I normally don't take many shorts as I wear skirts and tank tops as coverups during the day, and get dressed up at night; but if you plan to go on excursions shorts would be handy

-A good hat

-A couple of different pairs of flipflops, that hit my feet in different spots. I always seem to get blisters from flipflops on vacation, when it never seems to happen at home.

Pennsylvania
3. Re: What To Wear

Thanks for the help. :) Should I keep my passport with me at all times, or leave it in the resort?

Morristown, New...
reviews: 22
4. Re: What To Wear

Leave it in your room safe. Perhaps take a photocopy of the inside page with your picture, passport number, etc. with you.

Punta Cana...
5. Re: What To Wear

your mentioned clothing will blend in perfectly, as you are in a Touristy resort area where all others blend in the same way/with a similar style, lol.

in case you meant to blend in outside the resorts in the Local Community, forget about that, what ever clothing Foreigners wear, they will always easily be spottet as that, a Visitor, no need to bring any extra stuff.

Have Fun

Mike

6. Re: What To Wear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 21, 2012